WotC changes how D&D mini's are going to be sold.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I don't know if I should be mad or not. Should I be mad?
New Power Cards? Seriously? How balanced are they going to be?
Keeping track of those suckers is going to be a pain.

If they add them to the D&D Compendium, I'll be fine with it.

I am - how shall I put it - apprehensive at how well the D&D Heroes series will go. It's going to be difficult for smaller game stores to stock them, and the distribution and retailing of them is going to be tricky.

Still, players have been clamouring for these non-random figures for a long while now and I rather like how they've divided up the packs. Let's hope they're successful.

Cheers!

Masquerade

First Post
All the powers introduced on cards will be collected and posted online within a day of the set's release, if not earlier, so I don't think the completionists have too much to worry about.

edit - Or, like Merric suggests, they could be in the Compendium.

The Little Raven

First Post
Make rules needed to play the game available only on cards bundled with minis and see how well they sell.

Except for the fact that there is zero indication that the powers included are necessary to play the game. In fact, since we already have the books that have all the rules necessary to play the game, this theory is dead on arrival.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I don't know if I should be mad or not. Should I be mad?
New Power Cards? Seriously? How balanced are they going to be?
Keeping track of those suckers is going to be a pain.
[cynic]Well, that's why you have the D&D compendium from the DDI[/cynic]

Hmm... I'm not that sure I'm happy about that. PC miniatures get a lot more expensive, and I usually use metal miniatures for PCs. This just makes it worse for my NPCs. The monster packs are also more expensive, but not too much. Though I fear that it makes the commons on the secondary market more expensive.

And not too sure what impact that will have on the skirmish game.

On the other hand, it does sound very appealing to be able to just buy packs of PCs. I reckon I'll have to wait to see how this will turn out.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads