• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC changes how D&D mini's are going to be sold.

Korgoth

First Post
Well, for 5E they can just publish a "basic deck" of power cards with the rulebook and you get spiffier ones when you buy the Hero Packs. Of course you have to have the power card to use the power!

The Hero minis don't have to be randomized if the power cards are. "Wow... I got the Super Rare Ultrafoil 'fireball' power. It does 10d12 damage and it's a 3rd level Encounter Power. W00t!"

Or "Man, I'll trade you one of my spare Scorching Rays for a Great Cleave. I really want to build a Fighter."

Treebore

First Post
I like the 1 visible figure. Makes it more likely that you'll get at least SOMETHING you're interested in. However, I can imagine a horrible future where FLGS's are overflowing with Wrackspawn visible monster packs...

The one thing that kind of made me choke though... $10.99 for THREE PC figures? Am I reading it wrong? And they're going to put new powers in there just to anger us RPG completionists? Well, I want to make a wizard, but let me flip through my two books and sixteen powercards before I figure out the optimal build...

Yep, makes me happier with my metal Reaper figures all the more. Plus I get to see all of the ones I am going to buy, before I pay.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Good for those who love it -- YUCK for me. Not that it makes a difference - I stopped being able to afford them when they shot up over $12.99 per booster pack a year or so ago, so it's not like they're losing me; however, they're DEFINITELY not regaining me with this tactic, either. I'd rather have the random packs; at least I could treat myself every three or four months to another pack or so. But three minis in a pack? Just not worth it.

mlund

First Post
Political Contents removed. -- Henry

When Hasbro adjusts its practices to picks its vendors with more discretion they'll have my interest in their miniatures lines again.

- Marty Lund

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads