• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC - CUSTOMER NEGLIGENCE

Lady Dragon

First Post
I ahve never had a hardcover fall apart.I have to wonder if peopleare that abusive to there books although I do buy them in person at a "Real"store.In fact the only book I have thats even been damaged is a perfect bound softcover that has lost the last few pages>I taped it back together.

I own hundreds of books they are used frequently and I do nothing special to preserve them other than store them on bookshelves.

If you found a problem with a book you should return it immediately.After all how long after a purchase should a company be responsible.I bet they get several complaints a week from people who have abused there books.

In fact I friend of mine told me the other day that a friend of his had a promo copy of Epic handbook.But that he(my friend) could only read a bit of it because the book was in such abyssmal shape with missing pages and such All the fault of the owner who brutaly abuses his books.(no I don't know anything about what it did say my friend was busy and couldn't tell me.He's actually my friendly neighborhood game store owner)

Henry

Autoexreginated
I will further stipulate that the ONLY book I ever had fall apart was the first copy of the 2nd edition DMG I bought - it fell apart within 3 months of use. Every other book I have ever owned from WotC has remained quite sturdy through heavy use - a collection of some 30 volumes total.

Holy Bovine

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
Thats nothing, my DMG is missing pages 19-45, and like a real dumbass it took me 8 months to finally notice it. Too late to take it back or anything. I guess i am going to have to breakdown and by a new one.

Dirge

I wouldn't necessarily make that assumption. Having worked in the book industry printing errors like this, while not common, are treated as a defective product and would normally be replaced even if you had had the book for over a year. I'm not saying that that is what WotC policy is I just know that most major publishers have no problems replacing defective books of this type as there is nothing you could have done to be missing pages whie the rest of the book is in good shape.

As for the original poster it becomes a little more vague as the damage he describes could have been caused by rough handling (I am not saying that that is what happened here). I would strongly urge you to call the 1-800 number and talk to a customer service rep - be nice and explain everything as you have here. I would imagine they would be reasonable in replacing your book for you.

Harlock

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
I would strongly urge you to call the 1-800 number and talk to a customer service rep - be nice and explain everything as you have here. I would imagine they would be reasonable in replacing your book for you.

Key words -- BE NICE. I work customer service and I hear reps say all day long that they would have fulfilled a customers wishes had they been polite and courteous and not huffy and rude. "You catch more flies with honey." :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads