D&D 5E WotC has updated the Hadozee glide ability on DnDBeyond

Hey WotC, bite the bullet and release the new hadozee with the lore and glide change for free on D&D Beyond. You'll lose $1.99 in sales and gain a lot of goodwill by making those changes free to everyone with the race in the char generator as mea culpa.
I think that is good, but if they put out a PDF I would except it. As is, I already had a talk with one of my DMs who doesn't have any paid for beyond content and doesn't like this site literally said "They didn't fix it for me, and no I trust you BUT i don't take errata from friends,"

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
I don't know about that. I participated and lurked in quite a few discussions about the Spelljammer UA, and no one that I saw found the interaction with jumping back then. I'm guessing that the official release drew more attention to the broken mechanic than the playtest did.
So do you think they are not responding to feedback?
I saw a lot of people pointing it out, mostly on Reddit and Discord, the biggest question was if it'd actually work since it didn't specify if the gliding used your movement or not. Then in the official release they specified that it did not, indeed, spend movement.

So, if anything, it seems like they saw the feedback, decided to clarify stuff to make it stronger, then nerfed it after release. Just bizarre.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I think that is good, but if they put out a PDF I would except it. As is, I already had a talk with one of my DMs who doesn't have any paid for beyond content and doesn't like this site literally said "They didn't fix it for me, and no I trust you BUT i don't take errata from friends,"

It's also on Reddit and D&D beyond. Or someone can email him a screenshot of the change.

Plus, it hasn't even been a day. They will likely publicize the changes fairly soon.

Last edited:

Retreater

Legend
The silver-lining being, it will certainly free some shelf space.
That's true. I do like PDF copies - but those are PDFs not a proprietary format. I like to be able to print what I need or paste the pictures/maps into the VTT I'm using. I like being able to download and read them without wi-fi access (like I did on a cross-country train trip last summer).
I like being able to go through a site like DriveThru and see everything I've got - including 3PPs, previous editions, and other game systems.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You know, if any of the gliding controversy was done by a European contributor, I wouldn’t hold it against them. We can’t expect everyone outside the US to be fully cognizant of our gliding issues.

Mod Note:
Oh, look! Someone trying to be cute with subtext, as if the outright insult to our intelligence will protect them.

How about not. You're done in this discussion.

It's also on Reddit and D&D beyond. Or someone can email him a screenshot of the change.

Plus, it hasn't even been a day. They will likely publicize the changes fairly soon.
those aren't official statements (and I do disagree with him but since then 2 players have sided with him) I can say anything, so can anyone on enworld, and anyone can alter screenshots, we even have people in our group that write up new sublcasses to look like WotC material... he only accepts WotC and that race is banned until WotC relapses something errating it.

Remove ads