D&D General WotC hiring a Principal AI Engineer

AI stuff can provide assistance for a GM, but not serve as a replacement for all but the lowest quality ones.

Wizards also has no reason to try and replace DMs cause DMs spend the most money. If Wizards ever does use something AI like for D&D it would be to help them not replace.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
AI stuff can provide assistance for a GM, but not serve as a replacement for all but the lowest quality ones.
Which is, by definition, half of them.
Wizards also has no reason to try and replace DMs cause DMs spend the moss money. If Wizards ever does use something AI like for D&D it would be to help them not replace.
That's true, unless they can charge a subscription fee to all those players who can't find a DM because people keep making it sound like the hardest job in the world.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
People are already letting ChatGPT run them in solo games. I think you are vastly overestimating the quality someone is looking for if they are willing to use an.AI GM at all.
I was originally going to add a second line to that post, something to the effect of "well, I guess you could use what is around right now, but it'd almost assuredly be a pretty terrible experience," but didn't because... reasons.

So yes, I suppose I did vastly overestimate what some people might be willing to deal with. Though I suppose that's not surprising -- most people don't have my technical knowledge of how these things work, and why they would make for terrible GMs right now. You'd think the instances of the models giving absolutely insane responses to some prompts would be enough to warn people off...

Remove ads