WotC WotC invites Bob the World Builder and other creators to an in person Summit.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Doesn’t mean all our old OGL back catalogues and revenue streams are secure, or still not under a Sword of Damocles.
They can't remove your right to publish things you've already published. They were allowed under the agreement at the time of publication. No matter what they did that would always be true.

mamba

Legend
They can't remove your right to publish things you've already published. They were allowed under the agreement at the time of publication. No matter what they did that would always be true.
no it wouldn’t, there is no guarantee for that. Plenty of stuff can no longer be sold because the publisher no longer has the license for it.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
no it wouldn’t, there is no guarantee for that. Plenty of stuff can no longer be sold because the publisher no longer has the license for it.
In cases when the license is owned until a specific date, yes.

That's irrelevant in this scenario.

The only danger was for works going forward, not backwards.

It looks like this invite is generating a backlash. That seems to be growing.
Says who?

The only reason I've even heard of this is from this thread. I'm hardly well connected, is there a Twitter outrage storm going on?

Also, there may be more authors and such invited beyond YouTubers and they just haven't said anything yet. Who has said they have an invite beyond Bob?

I personally don't see this as wining and dining them, I view it more as a press conference for a very broke kind of press who couldn't afford to attention without help.

I'll concider it wining and dining when when influencers get WotC as paid sponsors, then I'd be concerned.

This is just a press conference.

BRayne

Adventurer
Says who?

The only reason I've even heard of this is from this thread. I'm hardly well connected, is there a Twitter outrage storm going on?

Also, there may be more authors and such invited beyond YouTubers and they just haven't said anything yet. Who has said they have an invite beyond Bob?

Ginny Di, Tanya DePass (CypherofTyr), Omega Jones (CriticalBard), and BrettUltimus are the ones I've seen.

Remove ads