• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC WotC invites Bob the World Builder and other creators to an in person Summit.

dave2008

Legend
Would be nice to see them make a presence at conventions like Origins and GenCon again - you know, to talk to fans and players and not only influencers in a private meeting at their hq.
Kyle was asked about that in one of the interviews and he said they want to get more out to the public. They talked about cons, but my memory is fuzzy. I am pretty sure he said something to the effect they are looking at them, but didn't commit to anything IIRC.

EDIT: Looks like your prayers have been answered: post #55

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
But it goes deeper than that.

If the influencers get used to being wined and dined, they will be reluctant to ever criticize WoTC, and may go out of their way to defend them if they do something wrong.

Controlling the influencers is how they will control the narrative, and squash any legitimate concerns.
good luck with that!

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Kyle was asked about that in one of the interviews and he said they want to get more out to the public. They talked about cons, but my memory is fuzzy. I am pretty sure he said something to the effect they are looking at them, but didn't commit to anything IIRC.
Today they announced at least seven cons they're going to next year

dave2008

Legend
I just hope it doesn't end up being some kind of bribe or manipulation.
That is up to those who go to decided. However, the letter said that those who come do not have to share anything from the event, but they can share everything if they want.

Also, WotC isn't sharing anything from the event. So the narrative is completely in the control of the creators going. Bob liked this quite a bit (doesn't have to worry about WotC using an image of him at the event to promote something he doesn't agree with, etc.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
But it goes deeper than that.

If the influencers get used to being wined and dined, they will be reluctant to ever criticize WoTC, and may go out of their way to defend them if they do something wrong.

Controlling the influencers is how they will control the narrative, and squash any legitimate concerns.
If these folks can be bought with a catered lunch, you should probably not be listening to them to begin with.

Remove ads