WotC Is Hiring A New D&D Game Designer

Want a job designing Dungeons & Dragons products for WotC? They're hiring! A new job opportunity has been posted on Hasbro's jobs website. "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. It is responsible for leading one product at a time, while providing feedback on other products in production. The person in this role is responsible for the final product, and must oversee and coordinate the work of designers, writers, and editors to combine individual contributions into a cohesive whole. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product is consistent with D&D game mechanics and that new game material is properly playtested."

Want a job designing Dungeons & Dragons products for WotC? They're hiring! A new job opportunity has been posted on Hasbro's jobs website. "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. It is responsible for leading one product at a time, while providing feedback on other products in production. The person in this role is responsible for the final product, and must oversee and coordinate the work of designers, writers, and editors to combine individual contributions into a cohesive whole. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product is consistent with D&D game mechanics and that new game material is properly playtested."

wotclogo.gif

The job is based near Seattle, at WotC's main offices. Click here to check it out.

It's interesting that the task of "a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons" is specifically called out in the introduction.

Neutral-ish: Someone is leaving and they want to replace them.

I'm gonna go with this idea. It seems as if they rarely hire for these positions and this makes the most sense in my mind. There could also be some sort of shake-up happening or we'll be seeing 5.5e. It'll be interesting to see what happens, to say the least. I'd be interested in applying for something like this, but unless it's remote, I'm out. Not being mobile sucks sometimes. Best of luck to anyone who does go for it though!

hejtmane

Explorer
Don't know about this one specifically, but in the past I've seen about $40,000-$55,000, give or take for a lead designer. Probably less for entry level work.

Ouch for a lead yea way pass

I will stick to what I am good at system administrator

Last edited by a moderator:

jasper

Rotten DM
Ok everyone who gripe they could better than the current designers this is your chance. So who is submitting a resume?

AriochQ

Adventurer
Ok everyone who gripe they could better than the current designers this is your chance. So who is submitting a resume?

I would love to, but not willing to take the pay cut, even thought the job would be much more fulfilling than my current desk jockey gig.

I really hope this means they are expanding their team. The actual game design team (as opposed to art and all that other necessary cool stuff) is absolutely tiny right now. Is there anyone on it other than Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, and Chris Perkins?

It wouldn't be at all surprising if the game were doing well enough that they're being allowed to hire another designer to help get everything done they want to work on.

Remove ads

Remove ads