D&D 4E WoTC is increasing the amount of 4e info, but..

Jack99

Adventurer
There has been a lot of complaining about the lack of info, specifically compared to the amount we got when we were closing in on 3e's release. Now, WotC seems to have stepped up, and will provide us with, in my opinion, a good deal of information, via excerpts from the PHB, DMG and MM, all the way to the release of 4e.

What do you guys think? Enough or still too little?

I think it is great, thank you WoTC, now "all" we need is some info on the GSL, or lack thereof.

Only a scant few weeks remain until 4th Edition finally hits the shelves! We here at Wizards of the Coast couldn’t be more excited for June 6th to finally arrive (and then to participate with everyone at June 7th’s Worldwide D&D Game Day). For the past several months, we’ve introduced you to many of the concepts, philosophies, and details of 4th Edition, via D&D Insider’s columns and articles. So in the short time we have remaining, we wanted to share with you a little more, publishing excerpts from the three core rulebooks every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, leading up to 4th Edition’s release.

AZRogue

First Post
I think it's great. I would have preferred that this start right after the DnDXP, but better late than never. I'm just happy that we have some structured step up in information. I know that I'm looking forward to the PHB and DMG excerpts.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think it's great. I don't see why they should have to give us any more info than they have, but I like it.

My only complaint is that Keep on the Shadowfell will be out only 2 weeks before the books. Kind of defeats the purpose of it having 3 levels of pregens. I doubt many people will have time to run all three levels before the actual books come out. I know I won't. Should have left it in April even though they pushed the PHB back to June.

Fitz

Beckett

Explorer
FitzTheRuke said:
My only complaint is that Keep on the Shadowfell will be out only 2 weeks before the books. Kind of defeats the purpose of it having 3 levels of pregens. I doubt many people will have time to run all three levels before the actual books come out. I know I won't. Should have left it in April even though they pushed the PHB back to June.

Fitz

Well, to those of us who are buying the core books right away, yeah the pregens won't be too helpful (except maybe for a little more insight during those first level ups).

But, there's also Bob Gamer. Bob and his group are open to 4E, but they're not 100% sold on it. And $100 is a lot of money to spend on a system that they end up shelving after the first session. Keep on the Shadowfell is roughly one-third that price (Bob Gamer likes to support his local game shop). Over the course of three levels, Bob and his group should come away with a much better idea of if 4E is right for them.

Oompa

First Post
Beckett said:
Well, to those of us who are buying the core books right away, yeah the pregens won't be too helpful (except maybe for a little more insight during those first level ups).

But, there's also Bob Gamer. Bob and his group are open to 4E, but they're not 100% sold on it. And $100 is a lot of money to spend on a system that they end up shelving after the first session. Keep on the Shadowfell is roughly one-third that price (Bob Gamer likes to support his local game shop). Over the course of three levels, Bob and his group should come away with a much better idea of if 4E is right for them.

My group and i are all Bob's :p

I will run the KotS, after that we will decide if we are going over to 4th edition, when we do i expect to buy the books somewhere end June, mid - July, then one month of reading for everyone and then than start an new fresh campaign :)

I showed them the 4th edition sheets last night, they loved the new powers and the options..

Mostlyjoe

Explorer
I'd just love to see one character, stated all the way up to Epic level. No explanations for all the powers, or what Paragon Path A/Epic Destiny B does. I just want to see a 'final' character.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Well, I've thought they've revealed a helluva lot of information already. I mean, you can practically play the game with the PHB lite and all the other material revealed.

It's a positive dearth, I tell yah!

So for me, extra is just a bonus. Less than two months to go now...

Oh, hey, why don't we have a count-down to 4e release like there's a countdown to EN2?

Remove ads