WotC officials: we want MINIS for the modules!

Logan_Bonner

First Post
We're trying to do more to get minis from adventures into minis sets, but scheduling is very tough. Minis sets are being settled on waaaaaay before the adventures have even been started on, so putting the main villain in a minis set before the adventure comes out isn't easy to do.

It's more practical to put monsters we already have miniatures of (or that we know are coming out near the release date of the adventure) into the adventure. That isn't a perfect solution either, but is more practical.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
FWIW, the adventures WotC has designed for the past World Wide Play D&D Days have included all the minis needed for play. Most stores have given the PCs to the players and the encounter minis to the DMs (that's what they are for). I don't know what is going to be in this years set, but some may work with KotS.

edit: So see if your FLGS is participating, then volunteer to DM. The Kits should be a available to the stores about 1 week before the Game Day, so Quick Start Rules and the adventure can be given to DMs ahead of time. ymmv

Last edited:

StarFyre

Explorer
minis

I am addicted to sculpting, painting, models/minis.

Got 7k pts in WH lizardmen..about 2-3 in the new Vamp counts. 2k in the new demons. Bunch of the forgeworld largescale monsters...

Some rackham resins and 100s of reaper D&D styled minis :)

I think I'm good.. still waiting for new reaper marilith to arrive from ebay ;)

Sanjay

frankthedm

First Post
Yeah, not having access to the minis for a module sucks. For those who are willing to use counters at least those are easier to come by {see my sig].

phil500 said:
How about a non-random release of miniatures to accompany each of the official modules? I don't care if they aren't DDM tournament legal. Stick with magic the gathering for that, DDM just didn't take off.

Keep the petition alive!

As long as the minis were another product that tied in with the module, and not part of the module itself (for those of us happy with nickels and pennies on a map).

And while, as someone pointed out with the quote from another source, that flies in the face of the collectible model, it would be a selling point for WotC modules - they have the mini pack, where Goodman Games modules wouldn't (for example)

D'karr

Adventurer
Lord Mhoram said:
As long as the minis were another product that tied in with the module, and not part of the module itself (for those of us happy with nickels and pennies on a map).

And while, as someone pointed out with the quote from another source, that flies in the face of the collectible model, it would be a selling point for WotC modules - they have the mini pack, where Goodman Games modules wouldn't (for example)

Don't be too sure. Goodman Games put out one of their GenCon Tournament modules as a boxed set with all the minis. They were metal and unpainted but it still was an awesome package deal.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I've never bought a pack of random D&D miniatures, and I probably never will.

As long as I don't know what I'm getting for my $15, I'd rather buy some Reaper figs or Warhammer models and paint them quick and dirty.

I'd love to see module related packs of miniatures.

psionotic

Yes, Please

If there were special minis packs built to correspond to the 'big' mods (like the 'Return to' series) my group would buy at least one set of them. Every time. If each pack had uniques that one could only get from buying that special pack, some percentage of the minis game players would buy them, too.

Remove ads