WotC RPG Dept. Re-Orgs

Dedekind

Explorer
From today's Rule of Three column:
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Rule-of-Three: 07/18/2011)

The new management line-up is:

Mike Mearls, Senior Manager (Picard*)
Rich Baker, RPG Group Manager (Riker to Mearls's Picard?)
Rodney Thompson, Tabletop Manager (Worf)
Chris Youngs, Digital Games Manager (Data)
James Wyatt, Creative Manager (Troi?)
Chris Perkins, Senior Producer (Wes)

* To be clear, I think Mearls is more of a Kirk, but ST:NG 4 LIFE!!!!!

ourchair

First Post
His "perceived" mechanical shortcomings. What a designer turns in isn't necessarily what ends up in a book.
Right. I neglected to be specific on that. :p Thanks for calling me out on that.

Klaus said:
Rob does amazing mechanics stuff, with a mind-boggling regularity. Check out his conversions of 3e monsters at his website (specially the Epic ones), they're a thing of beauty.
Those are great and I steal them quite a bit. I've never had any problems with the published DM content that Schwalb has done.

Dedekind

Explorer
I'm not entirely a Perkins fan, but that was just cold! Couldn't you have at least made him Geordi? And I say that as someone that didn't dislike Wesley C. as much as many do. :lol:

Ha! Not a personal reflection on Perkins! I was going off the fact that Perkins had actually DM'd for Wil Wheaton. B-)

What bothers me in all of this? That Robert J, Schwalb is writing 75% of the Elemental sourcebook. Talk about a downer. I hope the work Baker did was to make Schwalb's work actually fit in D&D 4E instead of us getting another awful Heroes of Shadow.

I liked Heroes of Shadow.....it was easily one of the best books they've done since PHB3. Ah well, to each their own, but this is good news for me, anyway.

(Disclaimer: Neither I nor my players are Rules Lawyers, so HoS works well for us)

Last edited:

Remove ads