• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC RPG Dept. Re-Orgs

Dedekind

Explorer
From today's Rule of Three column:
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Rule-of-Three: 07/18/2011)

The new management line-up is:

Mike Mearls, Senior Manager (Picard*)
Rich Baker, RPG Group Manager (Riker to Mearls's Picard?)
Rodney Thompson, Tabletop Manager (Worf)
Chris Youngs, Digital Games Manager (Data)
James Wyatt, Creative Manager (Troi?)
Chris Perkins, Senior Producer (Wes)

* To be clear, I think Mearls is more of a Kirk, but ST:NG 4 LIFE!!!!!

ourchair

First Post
His "perceived" mechanical shortcomings. What a designer turns in isn't necessarily what ends up in a book.
Right. I neglected to be specific on that. :p Thanks for calling me out on that.

Klaus said:
Rob does amazing mechanics stuff, with a mind-boggling regularity. Check out his conversions of 3e monsters at his website (specially the Epic ones), they're a thing of beauty.
Those are great and I steal them quite a bit. I've never had any problems with the published DM content that Schwalb has done.

Dedekind

Explorer
I'm not entirely a Perkins fan, but that was just cold! Couldn't you have at least made him Geordi? And I say that as someone that didn't dislike Wesley C. as much as many do. :lol:

Ha! Not a personal reflection on Perkins! I was going off the fact that Perkins had actually DM'd for Wil Wheaton. B-)

What bothers me in all of this? That Robert J, Schwalb is writing 75% of the Elemental sourcebook. Talk about a downer. I hope the work Baker did was to make Schwalb's work actually fit in D&D 4E instead of us getting another awful Heroes of Shadow.

I liked Heroes of Shadow.....it was easily one of the best books they've done since PHB3. Ah well, to each their own, but this is good news for me, anyway.

(Disclaimer: Neither I nor my players are Rules Lawyers, so HoS works well for us)

Last edited:

Remove ads