WotC WotC sells over 50k TSR classic titles over 9 years in Washington State alone, 2000 Star Frontiers over the past five.

Wait REALLY? Just in Washington state?

That's a state with only 8m people living in it, a fairly moderate amount. I know we can't just math-out that to the whole US and assume it's correct, let alone the whole of the US and Europe (or the world - I sometimes see mysterious Korean-language RPGs in high-selling spots on DriveThru), but wow that's much more than I expected.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Wait REALLY? Just in Washington state?

That's a state with only 8m people living in it, a fairly moderate amount. I know we can't just math-out that to the whole US and assume it's correct, let alone the whole of the US and Europe (or the world - I sometimes see mysterious Korean-language RPGs in high-selling spots on DriveThru), but wow that's much more than I expected.
I'm having trouble believing it. I wonder if when there isn't an address in the electronic payment if it gives Washington as the location by default.

darjr

I crit!
I'm having trouble believing it. I wonder if when there isn't an address in the electronic payment if it gives Washington as the location by default.
Well they submitted it in a court of law to a judge. I'm sure they'd be VERY careful about that.

Edit: please see below, there is a question about one of their numbers. Not the amount but eh context.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Also I don't think DriveThru is based in Washington State so it makes even less sense? Though I'm not sure where they are based currently since the "partnership" with Roll20, I don't think all the final details of that are out yet. (?)

But even then I don't think Roll20 was based out of Washington State either.

Edit to add: given the sales of Star Frontiers Alpha Dawn and the medal it has the sales from WS might make more sense. Maybe.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
I mean, maybe, but If that was true, all the old adventures should be showing as Adamantine sellers, and they’re not…so?
I dunno about all of them. But that is an interesting point. I mean couldn't the numbers be supported if even just one went Adamantine? Isn't it a base figure and numbers after it could be ten or 100 times that and we wouldn't know?

Anyway I went and look for a few Adamantine ones. I kept finding more lower down in the ranking so I don't know if it's all of them.
I spoiler tagged them cause it's a lot of links.

Note none of them are my affiliate link but if you are so inclined the following is.

Remove ads