• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC submission ideas you rejected rather than send.

mmadsen

First Post
Re: The two I didn't send in

I didn't send either of these in because although I've had them in my head for years, I've never developed either one enough to be comfortable agreeing to write a 100-page bible for them.

You don't think you could crank out 100 pages once you knew $120k was waiting for you?

Jon F. Zeigler

First Post
Re: Re: The two I didn't send in

mmadsen said:
You don't think you could crank out 100 pages once you knew $120k was waiting for you?

Not unless the deadline for the bible was fairly roomy or I felt like taking the risk of quitting my day job to do it. I would have to invent a lot out of whole cloth, very quickly.

The two I did send in each have a lot of details on paper already. No problem at all coming up with 100 pages of material for them.

mmadsen

First Post
Seriously, Oz is our "change of pace" world, and I run it in sort of an anthology format; there isn't necessarily any direct continuity between the adventures, and even the PC's are usually different.

Well, Oz certainly sounds like a change of pace! Have all your players read the books? Although they're classics, they don't seem particularly popular -- especially with the teenage-male demographic of D&D players.

I've run the first part of the Witchfire Trilogy from Privateer in the setting, and it fit absurdly well. Most of the names of assorted monsters have just the right sound to them, and the politics mapped nicely. (I replaced the bad-but-deposed ruler with the Wizard, and the nice-and-not-deposed ruler with Ozma.)

Sounds like a great Story Hour...

Entered a mobile simulated dungeon in search of the rebellious former apprentice of Glinda the Good. This adventure took place in Munchkin Country, so the "customers" of the dungeon were loaded down with simulated magic items and kept saying things like "w00+."

Uh, that's not quite the Oz I had in mind...

Defeated a Tanar'ri invasion force. (I ran this adventure entirely because of the image of Graz'zt wearing the ruby slippers.)

Hmm...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads