D&D 5E WotC Survey about PHB spells!

darjr

I crit!
70681688-B6CA-455E-90E1-8F5AB040DD98.jpeg

Introduction

Whether you’re a DM or a player, a wizard or a fighter, please give us your feedback about spells from the 5th edition Player's Handbook. You'll only see a fraction of all D&D spells and will have a chance to rate a few additional spells of your choice.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I rated a lot of spells and even got to add some and then say if I was a DM and what percentage of the last year I spent DMing (that'd be 98% - i have literally played ONE session as a player of 5E) but when it asked me my age I was at 58% done but then said I was 50 and it jumped to 99% and it was done.

Being unable to say WHY I was satisfied or dissatisfied with specific spells was frustrating - but then again, as with most of these surveys I think my opinion is not very important - being an old dude who accepts but is not satisfied with some basic changes to the game (for example, I said I was VERY dissatisfied with every single damage dealing cantrip)

Stormonu

Legend
Did my bit.

I pointed out Barkskin, Heat Metal and True Strike for special attention. Barkskin needs to have the Concentration tag removed, Heat Metal needs a save added to it (for when someone uses it on metal armor) and True Strike needs ... something - maybe made a bonus action, or it consumes all your movement. Telepathy as an 8th level spell is just dumb when there's 3rd level subclasses handing it out for free.

Overall, it sure does look like a 5.5E/6E is coming soon.

HammerMan

Legend
Being unable to say WHY I was satisfied or dissatisfied with specific spells was frustrating - but then again, as with most of these surveys I think my opinion is not very important - being an old dude who accepts but is not satisfied with some basic changes to the game (for example, I said I was VERY dissatisfied with every single damage dealing cantrip)
yup, like I dislike hex and hunters mark as spells but would not mind them as class features. Friends True Strike and Blade ward are useless, and I like the idea of shielighly (I have no idea how to spell that without looking it up) but would rather a generic "make a spell attack with a weapon" cantrip... all very different.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases