Planescape WOTC teasing planescape.com

Countdown is done! It's "Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition: Reckless Colon Usage Returns".

Edit: Oops, we're already talking about it. I guess I had a cached version of the thread or something.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
No new content or characters, it appears to be just to all polish and porting.

Despite being made prettier, better sounding, and more functional, the only reason to buy it is so I could play it on my Android Phone.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
No, I didn't. Where does it say that? My guess is it'll just be a game guide with hints and tips and all that.

It's probably just that but...

"Manuals and Bonus Content

Everything you need to know to travel the planes from denizens of Sigil and beyond. Discover the ins and outs of Planescape Torment."

Even if it's "just" a good guide of the planes covered in the game, it still would be useful... it was a very vivid take on Sigil for once.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I am very tempted to buy this again. I played through it quite often trying out the different classes, different companions... Almost always ended up a sensate from memory. I recall I used to go down into some underground tunnels and kill the Glabrezu that kept respawning down there for XP. Was really handy when I swapped from a fighter to a mage and needed to catch up in XP.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I am one of the few who disliked this game originally - too locked into the story and specific companions for my taste, and the "nameless one"'s story did not hold my interest very much.

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION]: Yeah, that sounds like it'll just be a guidebook for the game, not a D&D 5e tie-in sourcebook. I'm still not seeing where you found that info, though.

machineelf

Explorer
[MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION]: Yeah, that sounds like it'll just be a guidebook for the game, not a D&D 5e tie-in sourcebook. I'm still not seeing where you found that info, though.

On the planescape.com main page, scroll down a bit. It's on the right side under "manuals and bonus content" right next to "system requirements." It's just a single sentence saying there will be a manual.

pukunui

Legend
Thanks. I didn't scroll down far enough when I looked at it before. Since it uses the word "manual", I think it's safe to say that it definitely won't be a D&D 5e tie-in product. That word has a very specific meaning when it comes to video games. And D&D books tend not to be referred to as "manuals" in the generic sense (the exception being the Monster Manual, of course).

Remove ads