WotC Wants You To Help Shape D&D

Wow - that took quite a bit of time!

Wow - that took quite a bit of time!

Vexorg

Explorer
I didn't buy Tomb of Annihilation or Mordenkainan's (I intend to) so I felt bad saying that I haven't bought any D&D books in over six months.

Oddly, though, the survey didn't ask about DMSGuild.com, which I buy from pretty regularly.

There were questions where I wanted to say, "Not at all interested" wasn't good enough. I wanted to say, "Dead set against." or "If anyone does that, I leave the group."

Raith5

Adventurer
I liked how the question "how many characters have you created" topped out at 10+. Dude, I started in 1982. In 1e and 2e we went through characters like confetti.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
There were questions where I wanted to say, "Not at all interested" wasn't good enough. I wanted to say, "Dead set against." or "If anyone does that, I leave the group."

It's a Likert scale.

Might be easier to just think of it as answering "1" on a scale of 1-5.

It's a Likert scale.

Might be easier to just think of it as answering "1" on a scale of 1-5.

I know. But still, there were a few of those "why do you play?" questions where I'm not just not interested in doing that. I'm not interested in playing with people who do those things habitually. That is perhaps interesting information for them to have as well. On a scale of 1 to 5, I want the ability to say -9. :)

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I know. But still, there were a few of those "why do you play?" questions where I'm not just not interested in doing that. I'm not interested in playing with people who do those things habitually. That is perhaps interesting information for them to have as well. On a scale of 1 to 5, I want the ability to say -9. :)

Answering 1 is the same as that.

They are just asking the question in the positive. Do you like to play this way? Do you like to play that way?

Making it a 10, 20, or 40 point scale and asking people what they hate about the way others play is not going to give them better info.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I don't use ENWorld for news, way too slow and behind the curve. I use Twitter and Reddit for news, ENWorld is for discussion.

I find it is better to be a bit behind the news, leave some time for the bigger picture to develop and for some more thoughtful discussions to arise. I have work communications intruding upon my concentration enough through the day, I don't need the news, especially news about my hobbies to add to that.

About the only time I have missed out on anything were some opportunities to be an early backer on a Kickstarter or two, but I've been cutting back on Kickstarter as well.

But I'm glad for folks like you who are on the cutting edge and come here to discuss it, so I at least hear about it eventually.

Remove ads

Remove ads