WotC WotC will do what you say for 5 years. What are your instructions?

Eubani

Legend
Provide Modularity
Make Grognards cry
Create Warlord Class (With Healing to make sure some grognards cry)
Patch underperforming classes
Alternative class abilities
Make Grognards cry

akr71

Hero
D&D Gamma World -> Use the 5e chassis to produce a Gamma World Campaign Guide.

Lots of short adventures. My table doesn't like epic adventure paths and we frequently change dm's so short is better.

That's it. I'm pretty happy with the direction they've been going. What I 'need' I can homebrew myself or find a third party source for it.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Yeah, right. I'm gonna come in and make sweeping changes to suit my personal desires for my own games and listen to everyone here whine, moan, and insult me for it. No thanks! I have a different strategy.

1. Sit in my office setting up for my own weekly games and online shows to make a name for myself while WotC continues to do what it does.
2. Attend mandantory meetings and events as required during my 5-year tenure.
3. Profit.

You're welcome.

Greg K

Legend
I don't have the time to fully answer the question,. However.

Year 1
  1. Hire Steve Kenson and have him write a Shaman class, a Witch class, and a Psychic class. He also takes over Mearl's role (or maybe Crawford's) who gets moved to another position on the team. Also, try to hire Owen K. Stephens and, for a Modern 5e, Charles Rice.
  2. Release a document (free) to address issues such as classes that break design guidelines. reintroduce night vision /dark vision split and update creatures. etc.
  3. Unearthed Arcana: culture variant, environmental race variants, new backgrounds, variant background features, new classes (e.g. Warlord), class variants, variant class abilities, new sub-classes (e.g., new domains, fey sorcerer origin, magical heritage sorcerer origin), optional skill point system, martial arts and styles, new combat options and variants, real world diseases and poisons in 5e.
  4. Dark Sun/ The canon is the stuff that Timothy Brown worked which will be mechanically updated to 5e. Hire Brown as a consultant and writer for supplements.
Second year is
  • Greyhawk. Canon is everything TSR released by Gygyax and Kuntz for Greyhawk begining with the 1983 boxed set t which covers the Folio and most of Gary's Greyhawk articles including the deities. Also included will be the modules not authored by Gary that he allowed to be set in Greyhawk (e.g. C1, C2, S2). Bring in Rob Kuntz and Gygax's son's as consultants.
  • Release Modern
Third year is Al Qadim and Kara-Tur

Fourth year is Ravenloft expanded to Realms of Terror.

Fifth year is Planescape and Spelljammer. Dragonlance.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases