• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you buy a Scarred Lands 4e?

Rechan

Adventurer
More than Likely.

I haven't looked at the 4e Creature Collection because the 3e Creature Collection made me mad and I'm burned on it. Not only that, but I didn't see a lot of uses for the monsters in the 3e CC.

However, I some things about the Scarred Lands a lot. It was DARK. It made me feel like Ravenloft was hit by a nuke. I loved that the Titans were still around, albeit confined, effecting the world around them (and loved that Eberron did this with their Rajah and Daelkyr); it gave lots of inspiration for plots. I loved the Environments (The Bayou of Blood? Yessir). The Carnival of Shadows? YES. The Slitherin? Awesome. Hollowfaust? Delicious.

Another thing I found very interesting is that the setting gave a new little spin: Good and Evil weren't necessarily at Odds just because they were G & E. Your good Cleric had a REASON to even WORK with an Evil cleric.

Finally, I love the idea of PCs going out with the goal of making the world BETTER. Of visibly improving the land. Of purging the magical waste that makes the place awful.

If we had a sudden sales spike on Creature Collection (like, 20 more people bought it!), then we'd have more to invest and keep the thing moving.

Is that available in print, or is it PDF only?

(And I trust that, when you do finally get things moving on the SL books and you're looking for writers, I'll be getting an e-mail from you? ;))

Fiery_Dragon

First Post
Is that available in print, or is it PDF only?

(And I trust that, when you do finally get things moving on the SL books and you're looking for writers, I'll be getting an e-mail from you? ;))

It's available in both print and pdf. Everyone should feel free to hound their local game store to order it in. :)

If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd be out on the first flight to visit you and talk Scarred Lands, Ari! Believe me, we'd both be winners! :)

Kaodi

Hero
Not personally, but I know of a certain poster (or former poster) here that would probably support it all by himself if he had too, hehehe...

ruemere

Adventurer
Running SL with Pathfinder. No interest in 4E versions of already released books.

Definitely interested in new material provided that 4E-crunch level is sufficiently low (yes to new campaign stuff, no to monster and spell books, undecided on adventures).

Regards,
Ruemere

Baron Opal

First Post
Absolutely. I've already gotten the pdf of the 4e Creature Collection.

I would agree that following the PG / CG format is worth taking a look at. One of the things where the Scarred Lands suffered was the lack of a campaign book or gazetteer early on in the product cycle.

JeffB

Legend
Not me. I really loved the Scarred Lands Gazetteer, and the first couple of "city" supplements, but when the hardcover came out, I really didn't care for the setting as a whole-all the expansion on the Gaz's framework was not to my tastes, not to mention the amount of product coming out snowballed (and most of it seemed highly dependant on having bought previous product- a HUGE pet-peeve of mine). Of course at the time it was the D20 bubble getting bigger and bigger and everyone started pumping out alot of mediocre to below par products.

IOW- If I wanted to run a Scarred Lands game, I'd be seeking out the original Gaz and a select few early supplements and thats it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads