• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you buy a Scarred Lands 4e?

radferth

First Post
I don't run 4e. If I did, it would be in Scarred Lands (with or without any 4e specific stuff). If someone talks me into running 4e, I'm sure to pick it up.

ruemere

Adventurer
And what systemless support is freeport getting this year?

None.

It's a nice thing for companies to try out but it always seems to be that people prefer specifics.

Arguably, adventures are easier to done for a specific system (Green Ronin catalog lists Freeport adventure for True20 low level characters). Meanwhile, Pirate's Guide to Freeport is listed as silver best seller at DriveThruRPG.
It's hard to speak about Chris Pramas' crew undertakings, though. They have at least two big products going for them, so it's quite likely they may lack resources to support Freeport at this moment.

Besides, I am not really disagreeing with you. I have just stated that I would purchase relatively systemless and new products, as opposed to system specific rehash of old material. And since campaign books (and gazetteers) managed to meet these conditions under 3.x, I believe this trend could continue under new management.

Regards,
Ruemere

Baumi

Adventurer
I loved Scarred Lands and I bought nearly every book, but I wouldn't buy a 4E Version since it was always about fluff not crunch for me and therefore I would pay twice for the same stuff (can use it in 4E without any conversion).

But I'm sure it would be great for people who don't have the books! :cool:

Wombat

First Post
I loved, loved, loved Scarred Lands for Hollowfaust alone -- a truly lovely volume! I would be interested to see more material on that level of quality. Conversely, I'm not sure that "upgrading" the material to 4e is all that necessary or economically viable.

Spatula

Explorer
I would definitely check out a 4e Scarred Lands book. I only bought the original Creature Collection & the original Scarredlands book, and didn't get much use out of either of them, but I thought that the setting was very cool and mythical. It put a new spin on a lot of old D&D tropes while simultaneously drawing on ancient myths, and the feel was just great.

Mercurius

Legend
I'd definitely be interested although more for the possibility of better presentation and organization than 4E rules (I'm a fluff guy/setting junky). I find the Scarred Lands books to be rather difficult to browse through; I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it is hard to skim through the Ghelspad hardcover, for example, and get a sense of the setting compared to, say, the new Eberron book. It may be that the formatting is too monotonous, but I don't really know.

On a side note, is there a world map of Scarn in existence? If not an official one, has someone cobbled one together? I'd like to get a sense of how the different continents are located in relation to each other.

(Note to Fiery: A world map, please!)

Baron Opal

First Post
Definitely interested in new material provided that 4E-crunch level is sufficiently low (yes to new campaign stuff, no to monster and spell books, undecided on adventures).

Have you seen the Eberron Campaign guide? If you have a chance, flip through it. Would that level of setting specific data be acceptible to a person who wasn't interested in 4e but still wanted the setting material?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads