Would You Get A D&D Tattoo?

How much of a D&D fan are you? Not as much as this guy, I'll warrant! D&D fan Sean Whissen has gotten the D&D ampersand tattooed onto his forearm. Sean posted this to Twitter with the caption "Check out my new ink!"

How much of a D&D fan are you? Not as much as this guy, I'll warrant! D&D fan Sean Whissen has gotten the D&D ampersand tattooed onto his forearm. Sean posted this to Twitter with the caption "Check out my new ink!"

Click on the image to jump to his Twitter post (under his Twitter name, @smob89). Has anybody else got a D&D tattoo?

CPjt-NKUsAAnDRO.jpg

Wepwawet

Explorer
Yay, a fellow ampersand dragon tattoo! I’ve actually got multiple D&D-inspired tattoos in my array of ink:

-The D&D Ampersand, 1e/BECMI era

-Holy symbol of Moradin

-Some of the runes from the Greyhawk folio

-The Tyranny of Dragons symbol (holy moly, I got this one on the back of my calf, right below the knee, and it hurt like none of my other tattoos ever have)

Show us please!

MichaelSandar

First Post
I like tattoos. This one is pretty decent. Best advice, get something you like today and something you'll still like tomorrow. I've considered an AD&D tattoo, but not sure what I would get.

was

Adventurer
No..I think body ink should represent something important and personal to you. Gaming doesn't make that cut for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that really a tattoo. The ink looks like it's on top of the skin instead of underneath it, and there's a line of red on the side of his arm, like a paper with the logo was put on his arm and then spray painted. Again, I could be wrong, perhaps it's just the angle that makes it look that way.

Wepwawet

Explorer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that really a tattoo. The ink looks like it's on top of the skin instead of underneath it, and there's a line of red on the side of his arm, like a paper with the logo was put on his arm and then spray painted. Again, I could be wrong, perhaps it's just the angle that makes it look that way.

As the tattoo is being done the tattooer has to wipe off the excess paint constantly to see what still needs to be painted. The smudge is probably from that.

zipben

First Post
I don't see any hate. Just saying the artist didn't do the best job on it IMO.
If I was going to guess I'd say it's a new tattoo based on the redness around it. It always looks a little rough right afterwards, especially red which is one of the hardest colours to ink. Skin gets red, ink is red, I bet his artist told him to come back once it's healed for any needed touch ups.

Remove ads

Remove ads