• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would You Like to Publish "Ancient Adventures"?

talien

Community Supporter
Hello All!

Ancient Adventures is looking for a publisher. It's a 189 page, 109,574 word MS Word document written for the D20 system. Ancient Adventures is a setting book that aims to put the mythical back in Mythic Greece. And yes, it's a working title.

Ancient Adventures is a world of great intolerance and new discoveries, of advancements in medicine and physics and of shockingly brutal warfare. Warriors are proud and battle to ensure their feats are emblazoned on the memory of their descendants. The gods are at all times a presence, both subtle and gross, arbitrating and countering each other's supernatural agents.

It is up to the PCs to navigate through the deluge and bring honor to their families, their city-states, and their deity. It will not be easy; monsters of all stripes, bloodthirsty foreigners, and the elements themselves strive against the heroes. But without risk there can be no reward, and no Greek worth his shield would shy away from such adventure.

Welcome to the ancient world.

Here's just a glimpse of what Ancient Adventures contains:
  • Introduction (overview of Ancient Adventures and a timeline)
  • Chapter 1: Life in Ancient Greece (Home and Family, Pastimes, Religion, Adventure Hooks)
  • Chapter 2: Characters (28 city-states, 12 races including amazon, autochthon, cabiro, centaur, cyclops, gorgon, minotaur, myrmidon, nymph, satyr, siren, spartus)
  • Chapter 3: Allegiances and Areti (rules on Greek honor and how to use it with the gods)
  • Chapter 4: Classes (8 new primary classes, changes to three standard classes, 19 prestige classes)
  • Chapter 5: Skills (how skills are used in Greece)
  • Chapter 6: Feats (53 feats, including racial feats, creation feats, and flaws)
  • Chapter 7: Equipment (overview of currency, new armor, weapons, and transportation)
  • Chapter 8: Spells (5 new spells and a domain for each deity)
  • Chapter 9: Pantheon (5 planes of existence, and 14 deities)
  • Chapter 10: Magic Items (3 new weapons, 27 miscellaneous, 22 artifacts)
  • Chapter 11: Monsters (54 monsters, including 7 daimons, 4 drakons, 7 giants, and 7 golems)

About me:

I've created three D20 modules: "Tsar Rising," "All the King's Men," and "The Dancing Hut" from MonkeyGod Enterprises and numerous supplements, including "Frost and Fur" and "Abyss," also from MonkeyGod Enterprises, "Mercenaries: Born of Blood" from Otherworld Creations, and "Combat Missions" from Paradigm Concepts. I contributed to "Relics" from AEG and "The Iron Kingdoms Character Guide" and "World Guide" from Privateer Press. I've also written articles for D20 Weekly, Dragon Magazine, Imaginary Realities, The MUD Companion, Pyramid Magazine, RPGTimes, Scrollworks, and Spectre Press' Survival Kit series. For more information about me, visit http://michael.tresca.net.

If you're interested, please contact me at http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/comment/comment.pike?mail=t&uid=trescami&firsttime=t

pensiv

Explorer
AFAIK, most publishers have formal methods of submission. You may want to look at the websites for various publishers to find those guidelines. You'll be very luck if you get a catch here without following the proper guidelines for submission.

From the list of work you've contributed to, I assume you already know this. Good luck. If it's worth anything, this is a product I would be greatly interested in purchasing when it comes to print (or PDF for that matter).

Last edited:

talien

Community Supporter
omokage said:
AFAIK, most publishers have formal methods of submission. You may want to look at the websites for various publishers to find those guidelines. You'll be very luck if you get a catch here without following the proper guidelines for submission.

From the list of work you've contributed to, I assume you already know this. Good luck. If it's worth anything, this is a product I would be greatly interested in purchasing when it comes to print (or PDF for that matter).

You're right. For the most part, this is as much advertising as it is general interest. And incidentally, posting to the forums is exactly how Blood and Brains: The Zombie Hunter's Guide got published (err, will be published, by RPGObjects). :) I wrote the two simultaneously, if you can believe that.

Remove ads