Would you like to see an Elric Saga Movie(s)?

Elric Movie(s)?

• Yes! Elric is the Champion Eternal!

Votes: 58 78.4%
  • No! Elric is a chaotic evil freak albino!

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Eh..whatever. LOTR was good enough for me.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Who's Elric?

Votes: 4 5.4%

Berandor

lunatic
All right.

Elric? That's the one from the elder race who gets his hand chopped off and an artifact style sword and eye, isn't it?

Help,
Berandor

Henry

Autoexreginated
Black Omega said:
I'd much rather see an Elric movie than Dragonlance. A pale angsty character, as much villain as hero, the total opposite of Conan. If done right it would be amazing.

Do you realize that the same description would work for Raistlin in the Dragonlance Saga? And Raistlin is as "anti-conan" as they come - perhaps because he had a cross between Conan and Dudley Do-Right as his brother. :)

But I think Elric as well as Dragonlance could work as a movie franchise - however, it would be very hard to sell it to the 12 and under market, and neither has the built-in fan base of Lord of the Rings. Those are significant hurdles to overcome.

Darn it - I've already got a trailer for Dragons of Autumn Twilight brewing in my head! :)

Zappo

Explorer
Berandor said:
Elric? That's the one from the elder race who gets his hand chopped off and an artifact style sword and eye, isn't it?
Nope, he's the guy with the artifact style sword. He doesn't get any major bits cut off. He often accidentally kills his friends. He destroyed a few worlds too, I think. The books are where the whole concept of "Chaos vs. Law" comes from.

Theron

Explorer
The problem with Bloom and Cassel

Is that they're built like fighting machines. Elric has to look like a weakling. My choice would be John Cameron Mitchell. He's most recently been in Hedwig and the Angry Inch (not a movie for everybody). He's thin enough, can certainly act the part of an outsider, and just fey enough looking to play Elric.

IMHO, of course.

Aaron L

Hero
The person who had his hand cut off, eye put out, and had both replaced with artifacts was Corum, the Prince in the Scarlet Robe.

Berandor

lunatic
Ah, yes, Corum.

Well, then I won't have to vote for chaotic evil...

I don't know Elric then, but Corum was bad, really bad.

Berandor

Numion

First Post
I'd like to see an Elric movie, but only if they took the key concepts from it (Imrryr, Elric, Dragon Lords) but made a new story. The books about Elric are just too wacky at times. Some parts they should use, but mostly a new story...

Henry

Autoexreginated
Aaron L said:
The person who had his hand cut off, eye put out, and had both replaced with artifacts was Corum, the Prince in the Scarlet Robe.

Y'know, I wondered where Gary got that from... :D

I never read any of the Corum stuff before. I may have to give it a try.

Remove ads