• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you prefer it if your partner said you were a great GM, or great in bed?

Pick from each pair of questions the answer most true for you

• I would be happier if my girlfriend said I was a great in bed

Votes: 66 81.5%
  • I would be happier if my girlfriend said I was a great GM

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I would be more hurt if my girlfriend said I was lousy in bed

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • I would be more hurt if my girlfriend said I was a lousy GM

Votes: 20 24.7%

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawsplay

Hero
Hmm, I have about ten people who could express an opinion on my qualities as a DM. Only my wife can reliably say whether or not I'm good in bed. Plus, I make more of an effort in bed. ;)

And another thing: if I'm a lousy DM one of the other players can take over and everybody will still be happy. If I'm lousy in bed, there aren't too many options.

Well, I would think there are about the same options. ;)

pawsplay

Hero
Her: "Oh, and you are a total disappointment in the downstairs department!"

"Yeah, well, I vacuumed this weekend. If that's not good enough for you, you can do it yourself or get a maid. I do have other things I do with my time."

or

Her: "Oh, yeah?! Well, you are an embarrassingly bad GamesMaster!"

You: "What?! but you don't even play Role Playing Games!"

Her: "Yes, but I watch you run them and you are boring, you have no narrative flow and you are hopeless at measuring the interest level of your players. Your world is totally unrealistic and and you always get the rules wrong. My hamster could do better. What you don't know is that I am actually a gamer, but never told you because I was scared you would want to run a game for me!"

Ouch! That would be one of those moments. Discovering your partner is a stranger is rarely a good sign.

Really, either way, I doubt I would take it much to heart. I have plenty of experience with both. But I would definitely address the dissatisfaction in our relationship to see what we could do better. Maybe switch game systems, or move from Friday nights to Saturdays...

Heathen72

Explorer
Ouch! That would be one of those moments. Discovering your partner is a stranger is rarely a good sign...

Well, it wouldn't have to be that harsh, lol. How about:

Her: I love you honey. You're honest, kind, handsome and a fantastic GM!

Him: (winsomely) not to mention great in bed!

Her: (beat) ...er, yes! Of course, that. naturally, um, THAT... but did I say how great a GM you were? Yes sirree, because that's a real strength of yours. Gosh!

... or move from Friday nights to Saturdays...

Is that your, um, 'night' is it?

Last edited:

Tanstaafl_au

Explorer
This thread/poll kinda disturbs me.

Not sure if its the assumption that all DMs are male (or at least of gender/preference to have girlfriends) or the whole sterotype geek and sex = *giggle giggle* thing.

Kingreaper

Adventurer
Hell, I KNOW I'm bad in bed at the moment. I have no sex drive to speak of.

But if I'm a bad GM, :-(.

I mean, she has several other options for people to have sex with, if she actually finds the time for sex, but she only has one game at the moment, and I'm running it until we level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads