Would you prefer it if your partner said you were a great GM, or great in bed?

Pick from each pair of questions the answer most true for you

• I would be happier if my girlfriend said I was a great in bed

Votes: 66 81.5%
  • I would be happier if my girlfriend said I was a great GM

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I would be more hurt if my girlfriend said I was lousy in bed

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • I would be more hurt if my girlfriend said I was a lousy GM

Votes: 20 24.7%

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
Hypothetical:

I'm in a serious car crash. My wife rushes to the hospital, where a grim-faced doctor approaches her with some serious news...

Doctor: "I'm sorry, ma'am, but your husband will never be able to play D&D again."
My wife: "...and..."
Doctor: "No, that's it. Otherwise, he should be perfectly fine."
My wife: "Whew... I thought it was something serious."

OR

Doctor: "I'm sorry ma'am, but your husband will never be able to make love to you again."
My wife: "...and..."
Doctor: "No, that's it. Otherwise, he should be perfectly fine."
My wife: "Whew... I thought it was something serious."

Rel

Liquid Awesome
No, just your ego. :angel:

My ego is impervious to her incorrectly believing that I'm deficient in either category.

I think I struggle with this supposed dichotomy because I've been doing both things with my wife for over 20 years. Of course I'm damned good at it! Furthermore, if I've somehow been doing either wrong for some portion of that time then I think the onus is on her to let me know her preferences such that I can improve.

In the interest of at least approaching the question however, I'll note that I probably wouldn't be as good in bed with somebody else whereas I've had lots and lots of practice GMing for other people. Part of the reason that I'm a good GM in general however is that, when she's not actively playing, my wife helps give me amazing ideas as to how to GM for others.

If I apply that line of thinking to the other side of the equation...

I'll be in my bunk.

Christian

Explorer
Dear Gary:

Ever since my wife joined my campaign, she's constantly comparing my refereeing style to that of her previous DMs. Especially the DM of the first campaign she ever played in; she's always telling me how he would have ruled differently, or how clever and detailed his campaign world was, or how real the NPCs were. Should I be worried?

Signed, Reality Or Fantasy Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads