Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook Cover Reveal

Cubicle 7 has revealed Johan Grenier's cover art for the new Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory core rulebook. UPDATE! Cubicle 7 has now shared the actual book cover along with a breakdown of the characters depicted: "The Rulebook cover shows a group of Iconic adventurers battling off Orks and Chaos cultists in a mission to save the Gilead system. Jiao Abaijan, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, is...

Cubicle 7 has revealed Johan Grenier's cover art for the new Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory core rulebook.

B4649186-B4E1-44D5-8A78-93EE503B9688.jpeg

UPDATE! Cubicle 7 has now shared the actual book cover along with a breakdown of the characters depicted:

"The Rulebook cover shows a group of Iconic adventurers battling off Orks and Chaos cultists in a mission to save the Gilead system.

Jiao Abaijan, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, is determined to maintain the purity of the Gilead system in the absence of the Emperor’s light – in this instance, by pulverising an Ork with her thunder hammer. Zaire Obasi Varonius, a minor dynast of a noble Rogue Trader house, watches Jiao’s back with his twinned needle pistols. If he survives this mission, the exploits of this rag-tag warband might make his name as a defender of the Gilead system (and maybe make him a small fortune too).

Invictor Braham, a Primaris Intercessor of the mysterious Absolvers chapter fires his bolt rifle point blank into a heretic. Due to the low number of Astartes in the isolated Gilead system, they frequently find themselves operating as kill teams, on solo missions, or accompanying groups such as this one. Phea Osowicz has found herself in a similar predicament; after travelling from Mars to the Gilead in search of archeotech, the Tech-Priest found herself trapped by the Great Rift. She now lends her technological knowledge and volkite blaster to this warband as she searches for the secrets that could unlock a way back home."

Wrath-Glory-Rulebook-Cover-copy.jpg

imagineGod

Legend
Yes, it would also be nice if C7 would let me trade in said mess of a book that I bought when it came out last year for their new one.
I too would want this, but Cubicle7 was not responsible for printing that first "mess of a book" you mention, and also, we do not want to bankrupt publishers that actually live off pretty slim margins. RPGs are less lucrative than collectible card games, even at Hasbro.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
This cover is making it very hard for me not to pre-order. I'm a sucker for wonderful evocative art. C7 really knocks it out of the park on art direction.

cough "placeholder art Eberron" cough

JDR

Explorer
I too would want this, but Cubicle7 was not responsible for printing that first "mess of a book" you mention, and also, we do not want to bankrupt publishers that actually live off pretty slim margins. RPGs are less lucrative than collectible card games, even at Hasbro.
Oh, I know. I'm just lamenting the fact I bought a book that's being junked just after a year.

JDR

Explorer
This cover is making it very hard for me not to pre-order. I'm a sucker for wonderful evocative art. C7 really knocks it out of the park on art direction.

cough "placeholder art Eberron" cough
Yes, I really didn't care much for the art in the original book.

Crusadius

Adventurer
I was OK with the original cover art. This new one is OK as well.

As far as I understand it so far, the rules aren’t being changed but they’re being presented to be less messy, and likely the points for the Tiers recosted so you can actually create a Tier 3 character by using the arrays given. So the original book will have the same rules, but the revised will be closer to the German edition which had some fixes.

Mercador

Adventurer
I'm amazed at how clean everything is! Just look at those orcs. Its' like they just walked out of a full-day spa...clean shaven, not a speck of dirt, blood or gore on their skin...and the opposition? What can I say? They must have their clothes covered in some sort of high-tech "filth, blood, and soot repelling" coating. Like that stuff you spray on your sofa to repel accidental spills.
"Repel the war, Chaos, and all things icky! Use Emperor approved Gore-be-Gone battlefield replant. Now in extra large Terminator-Sized spray can!" (Note: May not actually repel Chaos. User results may vary)

;)
Good observation. Maybe they want to go more mainstream, less niche.

aramis erak

Legend
As far as I understand it so far, the rules aren’t being changed but they’re being presented to be less messy, and likely the points for the Tiers recosted so you can actually create a Tier 3 character by using the arrays given. So the original book will have the same rules, but the revised will be closer to the German edition which had some fixes.
The system isn't that far from the engine used by Fria Ligan, but the writing, organization, and clarity of the translation is far from even acceptable.

Remove ads

Remove ads