• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Writeable CharSheets in acrobat

zilvar

First Post
Baumi said:
Since I always wanted to try the calculation functions from Adobe ... I took the time and made a autocalculating Char-Sheet out of it ;)

Link (1,4 Mb): http://www.mediafire.com/?gsgicmmymsd
That's nice! It should be possible to modify your calculation output to not display -5 on everything if the associated stat is null. It's a minor thing, but should be helpful.

Here's the better question though, can someone make it saveable?

Gunndragon

First Post
been finding out that only Acrobat Pro allows you to save..

Hey, that calculating one looks cool, but it wont allow you to edit your 1/4 HP table... which you need to do to adjust for racial abilities, ie. Dragonborn.

Now, how do you do calc in Acro Pro?

Last edited:

Baumi

Adventurer
@zilvar: Sorry but thats to much work especially since you have to fill out the Stats anyway.

Saving seems only be possible in the Adobe Pro Version , but at least there is the awesome Halivar's Sheet which uses Excel/Open Office that works and looks nearly the same..

@Gunndragon: That's strange, I can overwrite the each Field, including the 1/4 HP just fine, the only problem that I see is that it doesn't use autocalc that field any longer (which is good and bad).

Calculations are easier than I though, just open the Adobe Designer, click on the field you want to change, and change the line(s) in the Script Editor (you have to change to the "calculate" Tab). I included a Screenshot with the Initiative Formula...

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 90

zilvar

First Post
Baumi said:
@zilvar: Sorry but thats to much work especially since you have to fill out the Stats anyway.

Saving seems only be possible in the Adobe Pro Version , but at least there is the awesome Halivar's Sheet which uses Excel/Open Office that works and looks nearly the same..

True enough about the calcs.

Is that the excel sheet that only looks right in office 2007? I don't have access to either 2k7 or adobe pro. That's why I've been hoping for a savable form to pop up.

Gunndragon

First Post
I read amsg that I copied it off the pirated PHB... well sorry, I dont have that... I honestly took it off someones cleaned up jpg on dnd4.com...

And I found a way to make it saveable on Acro Readers... and have replaced the link with the new version...

P.S. I really don't like people accusing me of pirating when I did not.

madwabbit

First Post
Gunndragon said:
I read amsg that I copied it off the pirated PHB... well sorry, I dont have that... I honestly took it off someones cleaned up jpg on dnd4.com...

And I found a way to make it saveable on Acro Readers... and have replaced the link with the new version...

P.S. I really don't like people accusing me of pirating when I did not.
That would have been me. Reading your post here, I'm guessing that you probably didn't know the "clean" file you downloaded from DnD4.com was in fact ripped very neatly from the pirated PDF PHB floating out on the Internet.

Assuming you're not the pirate "Archangel Uriel" (the author name in the original file you were using), I'm sorry you got tarred by my accusations. I'm still not clear on the whole "scanned it to JPEG" thing you're talking about ... looks to me like you simply pulled the file down and then added fields (unless there's a way to preserve embedded fonts in the JPEG).

You've done really good work making this form-fillable, despite your source document being from an illegally released and distributed file.

Regrettable, but hey, probably not any kind of big deal in the long run, since WotC is about to release the books, and will probably release this same file as a PDF in the next few weeks, I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads