www.canonfire.com - Greyhawk web site

grodog

Hero
Hi folks---

This is just a reminder that the Canonfire! web site is reachable at http://www.canonfire.com. Various Greyhawk fans and professionals contribute to the site, including:

• Living Greyhawk Gazetteer authors Erik Mona, Gary Holian, and (perhaps soon, we're working on them) Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining
  • Rob Kuntz, co-DM of the original Greyhawk campaign with Gary Gygax
  • past and present contributors to the Oerth Journal
  • members of Greyhawk fandom worldwide, including members of the listservs Greytalk, Greyhawk-l, and Taerre, and members of the the Living Greyhawk Triads

Among the many recent articles of interest, you can find:

Stop by, check us out, and let us know your thoughts :)

Aeris Winterood

First Post
Need more... Need more....

I found the site about a month ago and only have one problem with it...

... It needs more info, more of everything. I like to digest all that is Greyhawk... I just want more! Good site, I would like to see updates more often though.

I do have a Greyhawk timeline I created combining four or five others that I have found and info from the LG. Right now I have 16 pages of small fonted happeneings and wonder if anyone is interested in it.

chatdemon

First Post
Re: Need more... Need more....

Aeris Winterood said:

... It needs more info, more of everything. I like to digest all that is Greyhawk... I just want more! Good site, I would like to see updates more often though.

Then contribute. The whole idea of canonfire is that the fans supply the material.

Grodog's announcement is slightly misleading in regard to the participation of the greyhawk 'pros'. A huge bulk of the articles are authored by regular old fans, like myself (16 or 17 articles there are mine :) ).

chatdemon

First Post
herald said:
It could use it's own message boards so people could post requests for information.

While I can't speak for the intentions of the current Canonfire! staff (a couple of us have moved on in the last few weeks), it was argued that the site doesn't need a MB for a number of reasons, number one being a fear of invalidating or drawing traffic off of the Greytalk listserv, which Canonfire! was meant to augment, not replace. If you have a request for specific GH material, my suggestion is to join the listserv and bring up your topic there. The list has hundreds of fans, and chances are someone there will be able to help you out.

herald

First Post
But I don't want to be part of a list serv. I have three email accounts already and they get more than enough messages.

If they don't want to put up message boards that's up to them, but I don't see how the site will draw people to the listservs.

chatdemon

First Post
herald said:
If they don't want to put up message boards that's up to them, but I don't see how the site will draw people to the listservs.

The site, as I mentioned, was originally intended as more of an archive and showcase for the work of the various people on the Greytalk Listserv. While growing the community and attracting new blood to the GH online community was important to us (well, to me at least, as a former Canonfire! staff member, and I think I can speak for the rest of the guys on this), the primary goal was to create a focal point for those of us already on the list and have a more permanent home for our work than the archives of the list (which are very useful in and of themselves, you can find a link to them on the front page of Canonfire!)

In weeks before I tendered my resignation, talk had begun again about implementing a MB feature, so it is a possibility, perhaps even more now than in the past, since myself and the other major opponent of such a feature on that site have left the fold. Perhaps Grodog can let Gary (Holian, the site admin) know about the interest among some people for the MB, and see what happens. I'll stick to Greytalk, and most likely not visit such a MB on Canonfire! , but if there is enough demand, I'm sure Gary will consider it.

Davelozzi

Explorer
I visit Canonfire now and then but would go there more often if there was a message board. I'm with Herald, I don't want to be part of a listserv, I get enough email, message boards are the way to go.

Last edited:

Remove ads