D&D General Www.tsr.com is dead after all these decades

Stormonu

Legend
TSR had a website for no more than a year before they went bankrupt anyway, before that they glommed onto AOL IIRC. They were a bit slow with the web thing. I wasn't online yet then. And their domain pointed to tsrinc to show everyone how soulessly corporate they were. WotC dropped in inc part.

Hah, it was them being on AOL that made me decide to sign up for them instead of Compuserve. I was on the Ravenloft mailserv list for a while (I think that was through AOL). Still have & use my AOL e-mail account as my primary e-mail address. :D

Sacrosanct

Legend
Yeah, everybody can see they're treating legacy products like the old unwanted relative at the thanksgiving dinner.

As a self described grognard whose favorite edition is 1e with 2e elements, I don't see this. When 5e came out, they put out the core 1e books again, put the slave lords series with an additional A0 adventure and converted it to 5e, and have done a lots of conversions of AD&D products. So it seems like they have been pretty inclusive of AD&D stuff, at least in the beginning, and I wouldn't expect them to keep doing it since 5e is the clear current product.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
To be honest, I didn't know that tsr.com was still a valid domain for that last two decades. :D

Northern Phoenix

Adventurer
Since TSR became defunct, an entire generation of DnD fans have been born, grown up, fallen in love with the game, and possibly had kids of their own who they are or will soon teach the game too.

Imagine that.

MGibster

Legend
It's time for all the true fans of D&D to step back from Wotc while it spits on the grave of Gary Gygax, there are other ways to play without supporting Wotc, true fans can play old school of buy from studios who make 5e compatible products and want to keep it true.

Wasn't Gary's last official involvement with D&D back in 1985? I certainly respect the man's influence on the game, but for the vast majority of my gaming life Gary has not been directly involved in D&D.

Hey! It's just a website with the name of defunct company. The king is dead! Long live the King! WotC took the flame and make it shine through the night. I am an old grognard myself, but the hobby never has been better than nowadays.

I won't miss that URL or whatever. DMguild and DriveThru are there to make sure old product never disapear. Long Live to these!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases