D&D General Www.tsr.com is dead after all these decades

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
As a self described grognard whose favorite edition is 1e with 2e elements, I don't see this. When 5e came out, they put out the core 1e books again, put the slave lords series with an additional A0 adventure and converted it to 5e, and have done a lots of conversions of AD&D products. So it seems like they have been pretty inclusive of AD&D stuff, at least in the beginning, and I wouldn't expect them to keep doing it since 5e is the clear current product.

I don’t agree with all WOTC moves but I have to give them this:

I was a 1e players to the 90s and I am largely satisfied with 5e. I skipped 2e entirely.

That fact alone tells me they are not trying to be dismissive of 1e fans. I was as 1e focused as I could be.

I like some third party throwbacks too (got 5e keep on the borderlands) and plan to start a group with it.

If they start rewriting a bunch of lore though will skip some products.

I don’t agree with all WOTC moves but I have to give them this:

I was a 1e players to the 90s and I am largely satisfied with 5e. I skipped 2e entirely.

That fact alone tells me they are not trying to be dismissive of 1e fans. I was as 1e focused as I could be.

I like some third party throwbacks too (got 5e keep on the borderlands) and plan to start a group with it.

If they start rewriting a bunch of lore though will skip some products.
I can relate to that.
All through the editions, I always had a 1ed group (my old group). But since 5ed. We play exclusively 5ed. That speaks for itself mates.

Dausuul

Legend
It doesn't look like a domain squatter, just a company with the same initials.
Hard to tell for sure. They certainly aren't doing much with it.

As for tsr.com, that one is absolutely a domain squatter. Pity, that. I wouldn't have minded paying out of my own pocket to keep it pointed at the official D&D website; domains are cheap.

Dausuul

Legend
It may have something to do with the current TSR company. Though since they've been around for years now, it would seem a little unlikely.
I'm just guessing here, but I think that if they had snatched it up, they would not have pointed it at a page saying "This premium domain name is available for purchase! Your domain name is your identity on the Internet! Establish instant trust and credibility with customers."

Remove ads