Wyrmblood DnD 3.5

Halford

First Post
OpenRPG is a freely downloadable virtual tabletop program. The idea being that you download it and sign onto a server session I create. There is a chat window and a dice roller, you can see the map I put up, etc. The idea being that once a month or so we would arrange a session and set aside a few hours to play in real time.

OpenRPG: Online Virtual Tabletop

HP will be rolled, save for max at first level.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks for the link Halford i have a short cut saved to my desktop now. Will check into this and may use it myself so thanks again.

O.k. not finished but something to look at:

Ranger Rick :: (Read-Only) - Myth-Weavers

Let me know if you need anything else I will work on background and other things tommorrow.

HM

jager0727

First Post
sounds great, I've got some time to devote to another game now so I'll try to put something together today or tomorrow in hopes of getting in. Wish me luck

Saudade56

First Post
This sounds cool. I haven't done the online gaming thing before but I'm interested. I don't have a busy schedule this semester so I'm available a lot. Also willing and able to do OpenRPG. Working on a character currently, I'll post it when I'm done.

Halford

First Post
Excellent, look forward to seeing what you come up with guys.

Also note that the Campaign site is back up, Wyrmblood Campaign Site - Home It's fairly old, but should give you a good grounding in the setting, it also has the gods, etc. though I'll be adding most important info to the first post.

It should be noted that I made Marn's rulers Kings instead of Wards - though it's a very slight difference. I upped the Harran half elf babe fee to 100gp and there are a few more Mountain cities in the Harran empire - I'll update the site shortly.

Last edited:

Saudade56

First Post
Alright, I finished my write up. Took me a while but I think I have everything. I think it fits, I can't imagine that the nation would have a two year service requirement but no Warmages. Wrote a backstory that I think fits pretty well, added some preliminary contacts/npcs that add to some of the back story in a minor way. Anything that doesn't fit or would need to be changed let me know.
Vaston Aeron :: (Read-Only) - Myth-Weavers

Vaston is the eldest son of a wealthy merchant in Marn (don't know city names yet, medium large town or small city). His whole life he was groomed to take over the family business, something he never really questioned. No matter his own feelings on the subject, it was going to happen. So when his sixteenth birthday approached his family saw him off to the Breach Wall, dreaming of the day their son would return a man worthy of their business.

Fortunately for Vaston, he had a brighter future ahead of him. He was found to be magically attuned and was sent to a Warmage academy for magical training. The training took some time, extending his service time an extra year, a trade off he gladly accepted. In this time he learned to warp reality to his will, something he found he enjoyed immensely. With his new found abilities he came to a realization... he hated trading. A lot.

For him, he felt as if he found freedom in his new abilities and profession, his new family. Where his true family was controlling and domineering, the Warmages encouraged him to think for himself. Not that it wasn't hard and there wasn't constant drilling, memorization, and outright brutal consequences for failure, just that he was expected to think beyond what was expected of a common soldier. It would be he that kept the foot soldiers alive in an attack, he who would throw everything he had at any dragon that approached the wall.

Toward the end of his service he was sent on a mission past the breech wall. He was expected to lead a successful mission to eradicate a nest of (insert monster here that lives in the mountains). His mission was a failure, he and only a handful returned alive. Dragon attacks typically do that. He was given honors for returning despite his failure but his confidence was shattered. His service ended and he decided to travel, not allowing himself to be in control of anyone's fate but his own. If only they all had been stronger they would have survived.

He spent the last few years travelling Marn, doing odd jobs throughout the land, utuilizing his talents where he could. He returns home every few months to get money and supplies but his family has all but given up on him returning permanently. His younger brother and best friend have taken over the business in his place.

Recieving the missive from one of his former friends from the military, it came as a surprise that he was asked by the prince to hunt a dragon. he dislikes the idea of travelling with others to do the deed, he'd much prefer to burn away any beasts in the Wyrmspire mountains alone, though he is quite aware that going alone would be suicide. Mainly he's just excited, he's going to hunt some dragon.

Last edited:

Yabanjin

First Post
Here comes the skill monkey!

Chiblixka "Vanaba" Saimipplinwai, Gnome beguiler

HP roll

[sblock="Description"]
"A gnome has three hearts: one in her mouth, for all the world to see; one in her chest, to show to those she loves; and one hidden away, deep within her, which she never will show."

Hailing from a secluded village in the Great Gnarl, Chiblixka embodies the major virtues valued by gnomes: preparedness, deception, and cleverness. She carries with her a dizzying array of low-level magical items for every conceivable occasion, all stored in a Handy Haversack which she enchants every week to appear non-magical. She adopts a new sobriquet about as often as your average human changes underpants, the better to deceive those who would seek to learn about her past and origins.

Among her current companions, she goes by the name "Vanaba." Although she has never explicitly said that it is a false name, she hasn't gone out of her way to convince the party that it's her true identity.

She travels with Avordan, a human ranger who once saved her from a messy end at the hands of a hungry troll. Although she's much too guarded to say so, she owes Avordan a life debt, and considers herself consigned to follow and aid him until she repays it.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Portrait"]
t5AzQ.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

jager0727

First Post
Sorry, ran into an RL emergency (spend immediate action to deal with crap) I have a human scout/kineticist statted I just need to buy equipment and type up the background from my notes, I'll get it done as soon as I can, probably by tomorrow night.

Halford

First Post
No worries still a few days before I'll be deciding jager0727. I'm PMing notes on the characters as I review them now, thanks for the interest folks looking good so far!

Saudade56

First Post
Ok so what it seems like right now is that we have a couple ranged characters that are either ready to go or on their way. I was thinking and I have another character concept that normally would feel cheesy to me so I wouldn't play it but could work for this setting. I think the Dragon Shaman has a lot of utility and seems fun to play so what I was thinking is that instead of getting powers from worshipping or studying dragons, he could have been the product of someone who drank dragon's blood then conceived a child. His blood would be infused with dragon's blood, giving him the supernatural abilities of the class. I don't know if it's reasonable but I'll do a write up for it and see how it goes. That way if we get a few characters he could be a good 5th/6th character and cover melee deficit.

Remove ads