• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

XP or EP?

XP or EP?

• XP

Votes: 250 98.0%
  • EP

Votes: 5 2.0%

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Poll needs a third option: Neither.

I've used "ExP" since about day 1, to avoid confusion with e.p. (electrum pieces, and does anybody know why e.p. no longer seem to exist, or is it that players today just can't handle currency systems where things don't always multiply by ten...)

For some odd reason I've never liked XP as an abbreviation, though.

And I'd never just use X, as X in my game is shorthand for "dead". :)

Lanefan

Agent Oracle

First Post
I have never seen a poll here or anywhere else with a 100% on one side, and a 0% on the other. Even when only 5 or so people have voted, there's one guy who has to go the other way.

That said, XP is universal.

Delta

First Post
Observations:
(1) I've never, ever heard anyone refer to it as "EP".
(2) In D&D it's officially XP: see last entry in PHB Glossary.
(And all the magic items in DMG.)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
der_kluge said:
I see one person voted for "EP".

Mods, please revoke that person's membership. :)

Wish we could see who it was, but it's probably safer for that person if we don't know. ;) He's certainly one of the numerous vocal people here else he woulda said something.

Mycanid

First Post
XP ... and must admit that I have roared with laughter reading this thread more than many others in a long time.

Can this one be re-marked from poll to humor safely?

It never even occured to me to call them e.p., as everyone else has said, those are electrum pieces!

That being said - I HATE PEEPS! BLEH!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads