• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

XP or EP?

XP or EP?

• XP

Votes: 250 98.0%
  • EP

Votes: 5 2.0%

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Piratecat said:
I use XP too, but I have a "Peeps for Eeps" program where I award bonus XP to people who eat old, stale, nasty marshmallow Peep Easter candy. "Peeps for XP" sounds stupid, so Eeps is the natural label.

I would be so ahead of the party in X.P.!!! :)

werk

First Post
Agent Oracle said:
I have never seen a poll here or anywhere else with a 100% on one side, and a 0% on the other. ... That said, XP is universal.

At least now I can be confident to correct anyone that calls it EP. :D It just makes me wince when I hear it.

And EXP never occurred to me, as I've never heard it used...before today.

reanjr

First Post
I call them AP (advancement points), but hey...

I have a player who calls them Eeps, which is horribly annoying. Apparently this nomenclature is popular among the regional RPGA. Just another reason to not get involved in organized gaming.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Wow, so... apparently this poll is a poor way to determine the percentage of people who say what considering that so many people have said 'XP, but x person says it EP.'

Hussar

Legend
We used EXP for so long. If memory serves, it wasn't until I started gaming in university, some ten years after I started gaming, that I ever heard of xp. I think it was a short form from one of the computer games where I saw it the first time.

Now, it's eckspee.

Agamon

Adventurer
The only place I've heard (seen, I guess) E.Ps is in Knights of the Dinner Table. And yeah, it drives me batty.

smilinggm

First Post
I have been giving out Exp for about 25 years.

Just for the record EP is for the 1st and 2nd ed Electrum Pieces.

If you are looking for Electrum today ask your local jeweler for white gold.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads