YB 2.1 almost done, need some opinions

reiella

Explorer
1. That works I believe. Maybe add an additonal +1 yen cost if the fighter used Chi Strike? Just to make Chi Strike minorly effective against Bribe? No real opinion or concern either way though honestly.

2. No opinion really, I think we kind of need more higher rank sash to determine if it is necessary or not.

3. Well my personal opinion here is simple, sig locs should provide the same defensive benefit that styles do, and well you've seen my reasoning too :p. And my opinions on immunities being yicky became a slight more obvious again. Rather frustrating I imagine when you lose 3 hits in 3 rounds because of immunities...

And well, I'll keep my rheortic out of this thread :).

Wicht

Hero
Lady Diamond said:
1Ok, now I'm confused.. I thought that the following meant that a dojo style didn't become a signature style until the fighter advanced a tier. Somebody explain to me what this means?

When a fighter gains new belt rank, a known dojo style automatically becomes a signature style

Thats a mistake it should be a new tier not a new rank - thus the need for an update to fix little errors like that ;)

Vanor

First Post
Lady Diamond said:
Ok, now I'm confused.. I thought that the following meant that a dojo style didn't become a signature style until the fighter advanced a tier. Somebody explain to me what this means?

When a fighter gains new belt rank, a known dojo style automatically becomes a signature style

Does this mean that a yellow belt 0 doesnt have dojo style as a sig style but a yellow belt 1 does have it? [/B]

Don't wanna hijack the thread but I'll answer :)

A Dojo style is treated as a sig style, as long as the dojo has at least a tied record. The rule you quoted means when you go from yellow 2 to green 0. For example, when I went from yellow 2 with Dragon as my dojo style, to green 0. Dragon became a sig style for me.

And for my feelings

1) Yes (with what Relliea sugested)

2) I dunno

3) depends on what it is I guess. I wouldn't like to see it be full immunity but some form of defenseive bost would be ok.

reiella

Explorer
And here are the three different threads at least where some of my rants came up :), and others discussion on it.

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4666

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4513

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3549

[ add - gah for the hijacked portion ;P ]
Also on that note, you can't actually teach Dojo Styles and Gang Members until they become 'permanent' for you, aye? Regardless of them being treated as full for fights?

Last edited:

Lady Diamond

First Post
Well I'm getting into this debate late, but since this is something I can "chew on" for once I'm going to put my two bits in. Wicht feel free to sigh in exasperation. :) and I apologize for it. I stay out of most rules debates because until recently I haven't understood the concepts of immunity and initiative and whatnot. I don't play D&D.

A dojo is technically a location for the yellow belt in a dojo who doesn't gain a bit from having the style until he/she advances to green belt (if I read the explanations right). How about having dojo style count as a location for the yellow belt until they advance to green belt and then have it "awarded" as a sig style?

*ducks the thrown rocks*

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
The old version of the rules does not make the dojo style all that clear but I think I have fixed it (though my descriptions can use some work) but essentially a dojo style is treated as a signature style but cannot be taught to another. I am also considering dropping the immunity for it.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Total votes so far...

1) 8 votes for Yes, 0 other votes

2) 2 votes for Yes, 3 votes of 'maybe', 3 votes for No

3) 6 votes for Yes, 2 votes for 'maybe'

Kalanyr

Explorer
1) Yes
2) Gray seems to have not fallen in Rank in a long time and seems to still make yen even from losses so maybe 4 Yen for a successful Crowd Pleaser but none for a loss.
3) Yes

graydoom

First Post
Now, I've hit tier 5. And I've noticed that taking Purchased Power doesn't really require any trade-off at all... just 5 yen, which at this level is barely anything. IMO, there should at least be some thought required in whether or not to take it immediately. A cost of 5 yen is simply not enough to put a dent in a Sash's money. IMO, the cost should be raised to at least 10 so I'll actually have to decide between "Gain a Purchased Power and have a greater chance of winning" and "Keep that nice yen buffer."

Bottom line: I think Purchased Power is a bit too good for just 5 yen, and my suggestion is to raise it to 10 yen.

MidKnight

First Post
1. yes

2. no

3. YES! - won't go into details... Reiella covers most of them pretty darn well. But sufficed to say that this is probably the biggest sore point I have at this moment.

Last edited:

Remove ads