YB 2.1 almost done, need some opinions

Wicht

Hero
I started working on updating the rules yesterday and discovered it was a slightly bigger project than anticipated. Still I am almost done except for a few things. However I want opinions on the following.

1. Should Bribe judges cost 1 yen per point removed in a round (with it being an all or nothing bribe)?

2. Should Crowd Pleaser be dropped to 1 and 3 yens from the current 2 and 4 wins (for a failed or successful move respectively?

3. Should Signature locations provide some defensive benefit?

I am not looking for essays, I know the arguments I figure, I just want to hear opinions.

Also if there was something you know that needed updated feel free to mention it. I think I got most of it but something may have slipped my mind.

Phoenix8008

First Post
1. Yes.

2. No opinion. I have not heard of this being a problem, so I'm unsure. Is the Yen coming too easy to the higher up sashes? If so, then make this reduction; otherwise, leave it.

3. I slightly favor the Yes side of this argument. I think it would help balance things a little more.

Also, what about the possibility of style immunity being changed to just give immunity to the extra point that would have been gained by the winning move instead of total immunity?

Wicht

Hero
Phoenix8008 said:
Also, what about the possibility of style immunity being changed to just give immunity to the extra point that would have been gained by the winning move instead of total immunity?

I think you will find that those favoring this and those favoring full immunity are split pretty evenly. I have made no bones about the fact I like the immunity the way it is. I do not think the honor are dominating the game rank-wise and personally I think if you dropped the immunity it would weaken the honor too much and I would rather give a little boost to the yakuza instead.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Wicht said:

I think you will find that those favoring this and those favoring full immunity are split pretty evenly. I have made no bones about the fact I like the immunity the way it is. I do not think the honor are dominating the game rank-wise and personally I think if you dropped the immunity it would weaken the honor too much and I would rather give a little boost to the yakuza instead.
You could do both... ;)

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Wicht said:
1. Should Bribe judges cost 1 yen per point removed in a round (with it being an all or nothing bribe)?
Seems ok to me. I do agree that it should cost more to bribe away higher-point moves.

2. Should Crowd Pleaser be dropped to 1 and 3 yens from the current 2 and 4 wins (for a failed or successful move respectively?
I don't think so... I haven't really been able to gain yen all that fast from it :(. I don't see it as a problem... though if anything, we should wait and see what happens when I reach tier 5 and have it

3. Should Signature locations provide some defensive benefit?
I'm neutral on this. No opinion.

Jackal

First Post
1. Yes but the I think it should be a least a cost of 2 yen to do bribe a one point move also. Because if the next move wins the match regardless of how many points it is it should cost the sash something to negate it. 1 yen to prevent a loss isn't enough.

2.yes

3.yes

Rathan

First Post
1.) It should be 1 yen for each point scored the round being bribed that your opponent scored is fair...... even if that means it's going to cost only 1 yen for a one point move.... unless you deside to change that wicht..

2.) Stay 2 and 4 IMO

3.) yes....yes...and YES again..... I feel if holy day gives immunity to that style..... why shouldn't sig locals give immunity or some other power like that as well???

Lady Diamond

First Post
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, If dojo style provides some immunity, I missed part of the debate on dojo style but from what I remember it's been weakened.

Edited

Ok, now I'm confused.. I thought that the following meant that a dojo style didn't become a signature style until the fighter advanced a tier. Somebody explain to me what this means?

When a fighter gains new belt rank, a known dojo style automatically becomes a signature style

Does this mean that a yellow belt 0 doesnt have dojo style as a sig style but a yellow belt 1 does have it?

Last edited:

Remove ads