YB 2.1 almost done, need some opinions

Lady Diamond

First Post
"Final Answer"

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Changing my "maybe" to "No" and here's my "I've never done paper and die gaming" reason:

In a fight, location can carry some weight in a judge's decision perhaps as a fighter with a Signature location might know the "lay of the land" better, but a hit is still a hit no matter whether it's in a barroom or somebody's fancy parlor.

nsruf

First Post
1. Should Bribe judges cost 1 yen per point removed in a round (with it being an all or nothing bribe)?

Maybe 2 Yen per point removed, all or nothing? Making it dependent on the moves power seems a good idea. But 1 Yen per point seems really cheap: Gorm is just a Copper Sash 1, but he still earned 5 Yen in his first battle as Sash.
(So technically, I voted yes on this;))

2. Should Crowd Pleaser be dropped to 1 and 3 yens from the current 2 and 4 wins (for a failed or successful move respectively?

Maybe no gain on a lost move? It sounds more logical to me that a crowd pleaser needs to be properly executed.

3. Should Signature locations provide some defensive benefit?

No, I like the idea of them being treated different from sig styles.

Originally posted by Graydoom:
Now, I've hit tier 5. And I've noticed that taking Purchased Power doesn't really require any trade-off at all... just 5 yen, which at this level is barely anything.

I agree that Purchased Power is rather cheap. But there seems to be a bigger problem here: balancing an ability that is potentially more powerful by a one-time payment.

Last edited:

reiella

Explorer
Appearance enhancement flux!

As a sidenote Wicht, will go and consider the gen poll closed when this is closed :), works nicely.

reiella

Explorer
Then it's considered closed? Would it be ok for me to change MeowthBot and my test-gen over to the named location bit now or wait for you to post (7-1-9, 7 for no change, 1 for remove, 9 for named currently).

Wicht

Hero
My decisions about the current questions are more or less as follows

Bribe Judges is going to be changed to the 1 yen per point rule. This makes it more palatable for 2 tier sash but also more expensive for 4th and 5th tier sash.

Crowd pleaser is going to be changed to 4 yen for a success and 1 yen for no success.

per GDs suggestion, Purchased Power is going to be upped to 10 yen and I am also going to add one more power added to the list available.

for signature location, it will not provide immunity as in an automatic win like styles do but it will reduce the points earned by 1 making a round a potential draw. And dojo style will still provide immunity so the paths stay more or less balanced.

reiella

Explorer
Hmm quick question, am I right in assuming that Gang Member would recieve the same defensive trait?

Also, how will Sneaky Trick be ... changed in terms of this (Sneaky Trick + Unholy Warrior specifically), as I believe currently Holy Day is locked to only be usable if you go first (to prevent using it to gain immunity to your opponent's style, no?). Anycase, clarity on how that would work would be helpful.

[ Doh forgot one ]

Also, the real item powers will remain unchanged? With the potential to purchase actual location immunity and mastery?

Last edited:

reiella

Explorer
And also, when are the new rules considered 'live'? Assuming when they pop up on the website myself :).

[ Ingeniously Disguised Bump ]

Remove ads