• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YB) Dark Eternal defeats The Viper! (Thanks to The Luminary for judging!)

Dark Eternal

First Post
Stepping into the abandoned warehouse, Ahlydhian looks around distastefully. I am supposed to be able to find a challenger here?, he thinks to himself.

Well, I was told to be patient, and someone would come. So very well. I shall wait.

Avoiding the thin shafts of sunlight, he moves across the vast, empty room and finds a makeshift seat, where he settles to await the appearence of an opponent.

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
Rough-looking men and women begin to filter in to the warehouse to see the upcoming fight; they gather in small knots in the shadows, many of them perching on splintered crates to get a better view of the proceedings.

A pale, dark-haired woman in light armor glides into the center of the room. She regards Alhydian thoughtfully. "My first opponent," she says with a faint smile. "How nice." Raising her voice, she shouts, "Judges! Where are you? It is time to begin the fight."

Name: The Viper
Record: 0 wins, 0 losses
Powers: none
Items: none
Yen: 0

Dark Eternal

First Post
Ahlydhian smiles softly, and takes a drag off of a cigarette. His eyes move around the room, taking in the spectators, before finally coming to rest upon his opponent. Exhaling a puff of smoke, he stands up straight and shrugs lightly, rolling his jacket off of his shoulders, and allowing it to fall to the floor.

Reaching an exact six feet in height, Ahlydhian bears an unmistakably irish cast to his perfect appearence. His brilliant green eyes glitter in the smoky light, and for a moment he seems like nothing short of a primal god, poorly disguised in crude human form. Then the illusion shatters like glass as his true nature surges into focus - an aura of confidence surrounds him like black lightning, and his fey nature is subimposed by a cold, merciless spirit. His voice is a silver razor slicing through bloody silk.

"A woman. How thrilling." The corner of his mouth twitches into a suggestive smirk; his eyes dance with soulless laughter. "You rather resemble my wife."

He takes one last drag off the cigarette, then throws it into the shadows. As he exhales a cloud of smoke, he reaches over his back to draw forth... a guitar.

Striking a chilling minor chord, he grins. "I am reluctant to exchange insults with a beautiful woman. I yield intiative; would you like to specify the terms?"

Name: Dark Eternal
Record: 0 : 0
Powers: None
Items: None
Yen: None

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
The woman hesitates for an instant, then smiles sweetly. “Ah, chivalry,” she replies. “How very nice. I call for a standard match, spellsinger. Two flags.”

Dark Eternal

First Post
Grinning, Ahlydhian strikes a dramatic arpeggio on his guitar.

"Quite agreeable." He studies her carefully, smiling lightly to himself as he shamelessly assesses her body. "I believe this will be most... educational."

He pauses briefly, glancing around the room. "Now all we need is a judge."

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
A whiterobed wanderer approaches

"It has been long since I fought and judging this match would be my pleasure. "

The Luminary has decreed this match to take place at the cemetery south-east of the Vineyard of Xian's Song on the day of the east wind.

Ciaran

First Post
The Viper does not wait upon her opponent; the moment the judge presents himself, she leaps across the room with a shout like thunder, aiming a mighty kick at the spellsinger's head.

The leaping thunder kicks from the wastelands; unfailingly protects against the blood of the maze!

Dark Eternal

First Post
Amazed at the ferocity of the Viper's attack, Ahlydhian dances aside and drops low to the ground, sweeping upwards at his opponent with a vicious cross!

The southern cross dances near the paradise; negates the push of the maze!

Last edited:

Remove ads