[YB] Kerall versus Jackal

Jackal

First Post
"I thought that last move seemed too easy" Jackal thinks to himself as he picks himself off the ground. "Ah, the sneaky sweeper sweeps again"

Jackal assumes the style of the jaguar and walks on familiar land. Jackal blocks away Kerall's kama and gives a quick stab to his now unprotected stomach.

The jaguar appears below the glade; shields against the offensive of the flame when it shreds the touch of the shield!

Wicht

Hero
I was about to say this would be my last post for a while and then I saw the moves. Gotta keep it short.

The judges motion

Point and match to Kerall

Kerall You are a Gang Boss 0, you gain Sneaky Trick and the Location of the Plain.

Jackal You are a Yellow Belt 0.

Jackal

First Post
OOC: I thought I might of had a chance to win that one with the fight being in the glade in all. Oh well. Good fight Zappo.

IC: "nooooooo! How could I lose to evil!" Jackal bows his head in dismay. He walks over to Lady Tsin and recieves his award for the tournamnet but it has lost it's luster. "thank for this award" He says to Lady Tsin. Jackal leaves the tournament area and the glades and heads for the forest to think of his lastest fight and to rest.

Zappo

Explorer
Kerall's waits for a few seconds to calm his breathing, then silently raises his fists as a sign of victory. The crowd is somewhat confused... there are a few cheers, a few sneers, and much astonished silence.

A very strange thing has happened. I must think about it. "At least, I have gained some more precious time..." Kerall unwittingly voices his thoughts, and even if it is but a whisper, he realizes his mistake and turns to look at Jackal's face to see if he heard him.

His voice barely enough to be heard by Jackal, Kerall says: "Sorry for spoiling your victory. Had... certain things... gone differently, I would probably be in your place right now". It doesn't sound like the warrior is talking about recent events. "Now go, and celebrate, for you truly deserve the title and the prize". And then, in a louder tone, so as to be heard by all, "We might have a rematch one day, Jackal. When you are ready to prove that honor counts for something in battle".

That said, Kerall strides to the exit of the arena, and then leaves the clearing.

During the awards ceremony, he doesn't show up - much to the relief of the fighters involved. Young fighters have been shown the alternative to the dojos. They have seen it in action. Some of them want to learn more. Kerall is setting up a gang.

OOC: edited the damn vB.
Thanks for the match, Jackal, and thanks for the judging, Wicht. See you both next time!

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Jackal said:
OOC: I thought I might of had a chance to win that one with the fight being in the glade in all. Oh well. Good fight Zappo.

The sig locale is only ever supposed to affect a decision if the judge cannot weigh the moves on their own merits. To be honest, the "appears" move has always been one a rated weak, right up there with "stands." Strangely enough I find I am partial sometimes to the "singing" moves.

strange how this game works no :D

Jackal

First Post
That's just the way the game goes. I am in no way questioning your decision Wicht. Well not until I have a "singing" move that is.:)

Wicht

Hero
Thats fine - but I am always glad to explain the real reason for the way I judged - even if sometimes its just - I like that one better.

Remove ads