(YB-META-RULES) Dark/Light

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wicht said:
If thats the only problem we are doing good - though I think you under-estimate the willingness of our players to accept a fight - As Wicht, Dark Master I never had any problem finding a fight and I was the toughest there was :p

graydoom has problems, but thats cuz hes cursed :D ;)

Seriously, if it really seems to be a problem we can change it - what do others think?

An alternative - we could make it so that dark or light who defeat an enemy of equal or lower tier only advance one, but defeating an enemy of higher tier is worth 1 extra rank for each difference in the tiers, giving incentive to take on tougher enemies.

I still think that as long as we have some folks in both sides, then it won't be a problem. There should be enough that want to advance so that they will end up fighting each other if needed.

Wicht, that alternative or something like it could almost be applied to the whole game. Win against lower tier=1 rank, win against equal tier=2 ranks, win against higher tier=3 ranks gained. The same in reverse for losing: Lose against higher tier=1 rank, same tier=2 ranks, lower tier=3 ranks. Just a stupid idea that wouldn't work well though, probably.

Phoenix8008

First Post
This has gone a lot quicker than I expected it would, Wicht. If the Light path is that easy to mirror, then we only have the tricky sash path left to tackle after that. That'll be interesting. Do ya think that after all are written up and agreed upon here we should put a notice out in the general forum to call back all the old players and have them check out the new rules? Not to mention it possibly attracting newer players too! :D At this rate, the new YB could be ready next week!! Scary...:eek:

Berandor

lunatic
Phoenix8008 said:

Wicht, that alternative or something like it could almost be applied to the whole game. Win against lower tier=1 rank, win against equal tier=2 ranks, win against higher tier=3 ranks gained. The same in reverse for losing: Lose against higher tier=1 rank, same tier=2 ranks, lower tier=3 ranks. Just a stupid idea that wouldn't work well though, probably.

That would only work, imo, if the influence of randomness was severely pulled back - nad that I wouldn't want.

What about gaining two against someone two tiers higher, and losing two against two tiers lower?
That would be acceptable, imo.

Otherwise, a yellow belt 0 fighting a white and losing would become white again, while the white would be yellow 2. That's just not possible if the chance of losing against a yellow belt wasn't very high.

Berandor

Wicht

Hero
Phoenix8008 said:

I still think that as long as we have some folks in both sides, then it won't be a problem. There should be enough that want to advance so that they will end up fighting each other if needed.

Thats really what I think too...

As for the other idea, something like it could be implemented - I think with the newer progressions and powers, beating a fighter from a higher tier is going to be a bit more difficult - though perhaps we should have a couple inter-tier fights to see.

Wicht

Hero
Phoenix8008 said:
This has gone a lot quicker than I expected it would, Wicht. If the Light path is that easy to mirror, then we only have the tricky sash path left to tackle after that. That'll be interesting. Do ya think that after all are written up and agreed upon here we should put a notice out in the general forum to call back all the old players and have them check out the new rules? Not to mention it possibly attracting newer players too! :D At this rate, the new YB could be ready next week!! Scary...:eek:

Yeah the sash will be the trickiest - but what with balancing it against the current set ups and stealing ideas from YBA and the YB rules committee postings I think it is doable.

As for the Light path - I did it up at the same time as I did the dark and just wanted to see what changes should be made to the dark before posting it - so actually it will probably by done by today :)

And then after the sash is done, we can lay out the rules for
1)switching paths
2)creating items
3)???

and then Yeah - I would advertise it in General and see what new (or old) players we can get...

Berandor; I wouldn't change the faq till its all finished and in place.

Phoenix8008

First Post
How about this for ranks lost from fighting different power levels of opponents? If you beat fighter of a lower tier than you, then you only gain 1 rank, but if the underdog wins they could gain one or more ranks. You subtract the lowest tier from the higest tier to get how many ranks would be lost or gained with 1 as a minimum in both cases.

To use Berandor's example of Yellow-0 vs. White first, if the Yellow wins, he only gets one rank gain because he is of a higher tier than the White. If the White wins, he gains one rank also because the tier difference is one.

If a tier 4 fighter beats a tier 2 fighter, then he gains 1 rank and the tier 2 fighter loses 1 rank. But if the Tier 2 fighter beats the Tier 4 fighter, he gains 2 ranks and the tier 4 fighter loses 2 ranks(once again, the number of ranks is the difference in their tiers).

That is more balanced and only awards a fighter for winning against a more powerful foe without decreasing the minimum of 1 rank gained for winning against anyone. Now what do you think?

Berandor

lunatic
Phoenix: I like that idea!
I still think to have to fight a villain at the last rank within a tier is a bit cumbersome. At least say in the upper half of it, or one of the last three matches must have been against such a one.

Wicht: I was asking about the FAQ because if I know type up all powers and belts (which would be next in my schedule), then this would be helluva work. If we'd introduce the new rules next weekend, or somesuch, then I'd be loath to do all this.

It would be nice, too, if you'd look over the FAQ so far, and tell me if you find anything lacking.

Berandor

Phoenix8008

First Post
Berandor, so you think opening it up to beating an enemy once at any point in the tier to advance is too open-ended? I just thought it would be easier than having to do it at the last rank in the tier or at some other specific place in the tier.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases