(YB-Meta-Rules) Honor Path progressions and powers

Vanor

First Post
I like the idea of leaving it open like that.

So basicly, the rules don't say one way or the other how it will work, so it's up to the person who's doing it.

i.e. As a greenbelt you have the option of opening a IC dojo, and taking in students, as things are now. Or you could do the same thing, with out the IC dojo.

The result is basicly the same either way, the only differance is in how it's RP'ed.

Would this mean then, we wouldn't bother keeping track of things like a dojo record? Which would by default mean no honored/dishonored dojos, I personaly would perfer it this way, no record, no honor/dishonor for a dojo. Even if we do keep the record, I think we should lose the honor/dishonor idea for dojo's.

Wicht

Hero
Vanor said:
I agree the dojo stuff needs to be clarified a bit, as I remember Wicht favored the "Lady Diamond student of Vanor, Student of Tsin" setup.

Where I pefered the more established form of it. Lady Diamond student of the Dragon of the west wind dojo, run by master vanor, who is part of Tsin's group.
oh and btw, Thanks for including my chi strike, I had thought that was a dead one...

No problem... I still thinks its really powerful but it works and you and Tsin both wanted it - I tried to stick as true as I could to what we had basically already laid out (I did take out perfect defender but (and this is getting a bit ahead of myself) my thoughts are at the moment - it would be neat if the 7th tier of the yakuza and light paths both got perfect defender and the 7th tier of the honor and dark path both got perfect attack)

And what I tried to say in the previous post is that I think the way the structure is laid out in "dojo style" allows for both "student of..student of... and having a "group that contains dojos." Really all of the titles and such are role-playing and need not effect the rules if we don't want them to.

Jackal

First Post
Once the new rules are setup are we going to start over are characters or are we going to adjust to the new rules with are current ranks?

Yes, I know I am getting way ahead of myself but I was just wondering.

Wicht

Hero
Vanor said:
Would this mean then, we wouldn't bother keeping track of things like a dojo record? Which would by default mean no honored/dishonored dojos, I personaly would perfer it this way, no record, no honor/dishonor for a dojo. Even if we do keep the record, I think we should lose the honor/dishonor idea for dojo's.

Well - I left it with a honored record but we could scrap it I guess - I like the idea of the students of the dishonored dojo losing any advantous from being in the dojo however.

At the moment a dojo's record includes the record of the teacher, his students and their students and so on.

Wicht

Hero
Jackal said:
Once the new rules are setup are we going to start over are characters or are we going to adjust to the new rules with are current ranks?

Yes, I know I am getting way ahead of myself but I was just wondering.

The plan from way back when (like November) has been to have a reset.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wicht said:

Well - I left it with a honored record but we could scrap it I guess - I like the idea of the students of the dishonored dojo losing any advantous from being in the dojo however.

At the moment a dojo's record includes the record of the teacher, his students and their students and so on.

Wicht, I would vote for scrapping the dishonored Dojo thing. Escpecially with the freeform dojo possibilities, the bookkeeping for tracking all those students of students could become problematic if we get more members again.

Wicht

Hero
Phoenix8008 said:

Wicht, I would vote for scrapping the dishonored Dojo thing. Escpecially with the freeform dojo possibilities, the bookkeeping for tracking all those students of students could become problematic if we get more members again.

There is a quick way to do it - the brown belt with 4 green belts as students does not have to keep track of all the yellow belts their green belts are dealing with - instead they just have to keep on eye on the records of the green belts and add them all together.

Vanor

First Post
That would be easier I agree.

I don't care much about the dojo record, I just think the honored/dishonored thing is pointless, especialy in the current rule setup.

Wicht

Hero
Well what do others think - the only point to dishonor would be that it allows the dojo style to be a "fluctuating" power - one that can be shut off that is.

The advantage to not having it is less book-keeping and having to keep track of other peoples fights.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases