(YB - Meta - Rules) Sash

Dalamar

Adventurer
But it is hard for another Sash to get anywhere going up by only one or two yen a fighte .:(

:rolleyes: You could give me all your money...

Wicht, is the new Sash path open for anybody 'cause that's how I understand it. And why is it that only the Dark and Yakuza can die, others just drop to White Belt?

Wicht

Hero
Dalamar said:

:rolleyes: You could give me all your money...

Wicht, is the new Sash path open for anybody 'cause that's how I understand it. And why is it that only the Dark and Yakuza can die, others just drop to White Belt?

Well the Dark warriors are killed because not even their own kind would let them live. The yakuza die because they are out of luck and the others can be killed if the enemies want to challenge them to a death match.

I don't know - what would you prefer?

Berandor

lunatic
but wouldn't dark warriors/yakuza use the chance to kill off the downtrodden light fighters, so not to risk they grow strong again?

Berandor

Wicht

Hero
Berandor said:
but wouldn't dark warriors/yakuza use the chance to kill off the downtrodden light fighters, so not to risk they grow strong again?

Berandor

You would think so...

I suppose it could be ruled that dark warriors kill light and honor who are at the bottom ...

Personally I think more death matches ought to occur amongst the more powerful fighters.

MidKnight

First Post
Just an idea - do with it as you wish...

How about having the white belt rank kinda like a one way door. Once you step through it, you can't step back. If a fighter on ANY progression manages to fall to the last level of disgrace on the second tier (first true tier of any path), their next fight (where they would fall back to white belt if they lost) is automatically a death match (for them - not necessarily for the other fighter) and if they lose then the other fighter has the OPTION to kill them. I stress option because I don't believe that death should be automatic for anyone. If the fighter chooses not to kill the loser, then they would remain at the same level of disgrace (effectively in the same boat - possible death in their next match.)

This would keep the threat of death real for ALL, not just the villains.

The first real problem I can see with this would be switching paths. It would have to be stated somewhere that you couldn't voluntarily do anyhting that would cause you to lose enough ranks to drop you back into white belt. If you wanted to switch paths, you would have to build yourself up high enough to be able to do it first. Or switch in baby steps - Yakuza to Sash, then eventually to Honored, or vice-versa.

I'm sure there are other problems but I'm not seeing them right now. Anyways, those are my thoughts on the subject.

Wicht

Hero
That sounds fairly workable MidKnight - good guys probably would not kill other good guys - what do others think?

And does this mean that no one has any real problems with the suggested sash path - not too overpowered or too weak?

Berandor

lunatic
I think a sash should have the option to buy a draw only at 0 of the respective tier; she shouldn't be able to remain one win short of "leveling up" all the time.

Berandor

Berandor

lunatic
There's also the part of yen; so far, yen are all but useless for other fighters... yet the sash profit from it very much.

You could make the yen a sash-only thing; the other paths just don't care about money that much.
Keep the rule that a win grants the sash money; but why does this money come from the other fighters, not from spectators or such? (Betting, sponsors, etc.)

I always found it somehow stupid to include a line with my yen in my stats; updating it when I won another yen move etc.

Also, I was giving away my yen freely for a time; so I never had more than two. That wouldn't help a high-ranking sash.

Berandor

Remove ads