• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YB) Rusty beats Ash'lon! (Seonaid judged)

Ciaran

First Post
That bratty red-headed pokémon-loving kid is at it again, running around the arena shouting at the top of his lungs. "Hey!" he yells, "who wants to fight me? My pokémon are ready to take ya all on! Hey, let's fight!"

Name: Rusty
Record: 8 wins, 2 losses
Powers: Signature Styles (Lizard, Wolf, Lotus Blossom, Phoenix, Scorpion), Dojo Style (Tiger), Fist of Fury x2, Chi Strike, Master of Emotions and Movement
Items: none
Yen: 3

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
(nah, let's give all my characters a shot at Ash'lon. :) )

"Hey you! Yeah, winged guy! I find your horse to be tedious, your school to be laughable, and your style to be rusty."

Seonaid

Explorer
A shadowy figure appears literally out of thin air. Even in direct light, its features cannot be discerned. A gravelly, androgynous voice emits from the figure. "I will judge this match, if it is acceptable to both parties.

"I find Rusty's insult of Ash'lon's style to be superior. He shall determine the type and length of match. The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the swamp south-west of the Garden of Lost Hope on the dusk of the tiger."

[I am new at judging, so if you'd prefer not to have me judge, say so. No offense will be taken.]

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
The judge withdraws from its nothingness two slips of parchment and slowly hands one to each combatant. The parchment feels oily and the writing is almost alive in its serpentine nature.

Rusty

1: The tsunami silences the ocean; quells the assailment of the star!

2: The willow dodges underneath the glade; absorbs the punch of the flower!

3: The ki-rin drifts on top of the cliff; quietly quells the speed of the bone!

4: The fox harshly silences the vineyard; removes the speed of the grave!

5: The southern cross silences the vineyard; averts the thrust of the maze!

Ash'lon

1: The weasel speaks over the ricefield; parries the energy of the shell!

2: The grasshopper thrusts the paradise; waves away the blood of the bone!

3: The panther glides facing the ravine; dominates the pain of the sky!

4: The nunchaku rides below the brush; blocks the descent of the river!

5: The mace overwhelms the forest; wards off the cut of the ice!

[Sorry, guys, I seem to have missed the post somehow, even though I'm subbed. :eek:]

Ciaran

First Post
“Okay, let’s go! Vulpix! I choose you!”

The kid throws a ball into the air. The ball flashes with light, and a giant many-tailed fox appears! The fox winks at Rusty; then it attacks Ash’lon with sudden fury, trying to knock him down and bury its teeth in the dragon-man’s throat.

The fox harshly silences the vineyard; removes the speed of the grave!

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
5: The mace overwhelms the forest; wards off the cut of the ice!

Ash'lon attempts a powerful strike, confident that his magical wards are enough to keep the fox from his throat.

"A fox? No matter how many tails it has, it won't have the teeth to hurt me!"

Remove ads