• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YB) Sidhe Li vs. Sabaron (Sablewyvern judging)

Sabaron

First Post
Irritated at the fact that he has yet to mark Sidhe Li, Sabaron tries something different. Calling upon his distant ancestors, who were desert nomads, Sabaron attempts to bore his foe to death with their stories!

The manticore speaks higher than the desert; removes the thrust of the cat!

ooc:Actually, I'm still on vacation. :D Lucky me, it got extended to today. Unfortunately, that means I'm on vacation from YB! still. :( I'll be here all day tomorrow, then again Monday.

Wicht

Hero
Hoping to get a good firm lead in the fight Sidhe Li calls upon his inner fires and unleashes a series of quick blows

The raven slashes the vale; quells the onslaught of the invisible blade!
fist of fury
The manta ray speaks across the badlands; averts the chi of the willow!

SableWyvern

Adventurer
The Sable Wyvern is gladdened as Sidhe Li puts a brutal end to Sabaron's monologue.

Point + FOF Sidhe Li

4 FLAGS SIDHE LI

0 FLAGS SABARON

NEW HANDS

Sabaron's Hand

-The chimera rides upon the marsh; shreds the onslaught of the reptile!

-The emerald west wind impales the coast as it sings through NorthGuard Keep; fends off the violence of the vermin as it tumbles below the slash of the willow!

-The dragon kicks the lake; shields the tempest of the weapon as it averts the chi of the orchid!

-The manticore assaults the madlands; quells the terror of the sunflower!

-The fox flips higher than the ravine; absorbs the touch of the arrow!

Sidhe Li's Hand

-The lotus blossom tramples the volcano; absorbs the descent of the dark sunbeam and tranquilly absorbs the chi of the moon! *yen*

-The rat vanquishes the wetlands for it rides next to the water; grasps the touch of the leaf!

-The rabbit brutalizes the badlands; redirects the touch of the moon!

-The falcon leaps over the foothills; wards off the offensive of the water!

-The claw annihilates the dungeon; parts the chi of the stone and cautiously redirects the rising of the dark sunbeam!

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
Sabaron strikes at Sidhe Li with his old style, one he lost in a desperate fight in his homeland, following it up with a foxy little number.

The emerald west wind impales the coast as it sings through NorthGuard Keep; fends off the violence of the vermin as it tumbles below the slash of the willow!

Fists of Fury!

The fox flips higher than the ravine; absorbs the touch of the arrow!

Wicht

Hero
I had about given up on you ;)

Backing off a bit, Sidhe Li flips into a handstand and delivers a series of rapid fire kicks.

The rabbit brutalizes the badlands; redirects the touch of the moon!

SableWyvern

Adventurer
While a wind singing along the coast is doing what it knows best, a rabbit isn't particularly adept at brutalising anything. If it had a lot of friends, perhaps it could eat all the vegetation - but I don't think there's too much to eat out in the badlands anyway.

Sabaron's defence is also excellent, for where the Sable Wyvern comes from, rabbits are most certainly considered vermin.

Sabaron finally wakes up and joins the fight, with a penetrating blow to Sidhe Li's midriff, before flipping past him and sticking in a boot on the way past.

Point + FOF Sabaron

4 FLAGS SIDHE LI

2 FLAGS SABARON

Sabaron

First Post
Sorry about that; the vacation kept getting extended. Thought I'd get 2 days, ended up with 4 + the weekend. No days off this week, so I'll be here. ;)

Worried a bit about the limited selection of moves he has, Sabaron takes the Dragon style this round, trying to remember what exactly Vanor was talking about that day in class.

The dragon kicks the lake; shields the tempest of the weapon as it averts the chi of the orchid!

Chi Strike!

Wicht

Hero
[With a growl, Sidhe Li shifts his form slightly, changing his hands into furred claws. His attack is savage but not without form.

The claw annihilates the dungeon; parts the chi of the stone and cautiously redirects the rising of the dark sunbeam!

SableWyvern

Adventurer
A dragon's kick would be powerful indeed. But a claw that annihilates a dungeon could well be that of a dragon as well, if not something far more powerful.

Unfortunately, vague memories of an old mentor's words are not enough to keep this match alive for Sabaron.

Point and Style Sidhe Li

MATCH SIDHE LI

Sidhe Li, you are now a Green Belt 2.

Sabaron falls to Green Belt 3, just barely hanging on to his winning record.

Sabaron

First Post
"Congratulations, Sidhe Li. It was an honor to face you in battle."

Sabaron bows to his opponent and the judge, and departs for his dojo.

Remove ads