Yedan's Troubleshooters

Arrowhawk

First Post
OOC: Suspicious trait. Makes it a class skill and gives +1. I then put 1 skill point in it. Let me know if my math is wrong.
+2 FE,
+2 Wis
+1 Trait
+1 Rank
+3 Class skill per trait.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Alright. I was looking at the old character sheet in the Rogues' Gallery instead of the web version you linked.

[sblock=Whyre]
You are fairly certain that Vileema Falkur is sincere in her job offer. But you do also get the feeling that she is trying to hide some discomfort with some of those present, and not just because one of those present is a big, nasty bug.
[/sblock]

Arrowhawk

First Post
OOC: Again, my apologies. Tonight, I'll go back and update the RG build for a baseline. I just keep finding errors in the updated one! :mad:

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"I will accept, if I like the answers to my questions:
Will we just patrol around, looking for trouble, or will there be specific assignments?
I also have older commitments to my order. I will do nothing that violates my old vows. Is this acceptable?
And finally, what is if we want out. Can we leave the assignment if it doesn't work out?"
The druid asks. His word is meaningful to him, so he wants specifics before giving it.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Magic Stone, Shillelagh

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2)X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

[/sblock]

Drath smiles awkwardly, revealing a missing tooth. Despite his finery, the old professor hasn't been keeping up with himself over the past few years. When the mayor greets him, he shakes her hand gently. As the mayor drifts toward the center of the room, he leans toward Mez.

"Bastion Drath, professor. Former professor. Well, former and current professor. Never could get tenure, though. You know. Office politics." He chortles, ignoring the bored glaze in Mez's eyes.

When she's finished speaking, he turns and calls out to the mayor. "I'll shoot your trouble, your majesty. Well, not majesty. Your grace. Your highness. No, your...your mayorness. You got trouble, I'll shoot it. Wish I had a crossbow, so I could be a REAL trouble-shooter, eh!?" Drath chortles until he starts wheezing, then sits down roughly and starts picking at a loose thread in his robes.

Kaodi

Hero
Vileema smiles and nods politely to each person in turn as she says, "Thank you, Whyre, Evret, and Mezcia. You as well, Bastion Drath."

Then she turns to Morgan, arching an eyebrow. "There will in fact be elements of both directing your own investigations and more direct assignments from myself. In fact, I do have a situation I would like you do deal with immediately," she says, regarding the druid cooly. "And you may in fact decide to go your own way, though I expect proper notification and the return of the licenses I am granting if you decide you must do so. You may keep the signing fee in any case, though if you do not at least attempt to complete an assignment, you can expect that you will no longer be welcome in this town or trusted anywhere in this area of Breland," she continues.

The mayor inhales deeply, then lets the breath out slowly. "But as for your vows to your order, Mr. Sorrowful, well, I am afraid I do not know what sort of vows or what sort of order you speak of. I cannot very well promise that you may be permitted to keep to your vows, for instance, if your vows would involve breaking or subverting the laws of the Code of Galifar," she says, and then quickly adds, with emphasis, "I hope you understand my position."

"Yes, ma'am," mutters Bastion without looking up. Then, suddenly, he shows a bit of energy. "What could be the nature of our assignment? You mentioned a haunting earlier. I have a modest amount of experience with such things. Yes, yes, a modest amount. Love a good haunting."

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"I accept. I will not work against my order and will break no laws. And of course I will try my best. If not there would have been no point coming here in the first place.
Can you please further explain this hauntings? Ghosts are not really my expertise."
The druid explains. He begins to like the mayor. She chooses her words carefully. Only the ones who intent to keep them do.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Magic Stone, Shillelagh

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2)X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

[/sblock]

Arrowhawk

First Post
As Whyre waits for Vileema to answer the tendered questions, he begins to think to himself...

How much gold is 10 galifers anyway? And exactly how many arrows will that buy because one can never have enough arrows and i notice I don't have any blunt arrows. I wonder if any of the party members wouldn't mind carrying a quiver full of arrows for me just in case...and we better get paid in advance...

Kaodi

Hero
Mayor Falkur nods slightly, then looks towards her clerk and asks, "Could you please furnish our agents with their licenses and funds now, Mr. Tangskt?"

He replies, "As you wish, Your Worship," shuffling his papers before he produces a pouch from the folds of his robe. As Marsen distributes ten gold coins and a license to each man present, the mayor continues.

"It has come to my attention that a few weeks ago a local hero and a veteran who fought in the Last War a very long time ago had died. Funeral preparations were made, and he, Harad Granthum, was set to be buried in his family crypt in the village cemetery. However, as the funeral procession reached the graveyard, the way was blocked by a band of ghostly skeletal warriors who announced in no uncertain terms that they would never permit Granthum his honourable burial. Since then, one of the other villagers has also died, and no one is willing to go close to the cemetery to bury them for fear of being attacked."

Vileema pauses a moment again to gauge your expressions. "Your job is to travel to this village, Mayelkur, and investigate the haunting of the graveyard. At the very least I want to discover whether these spirits will permit others to be buried, but my hope is that you will be able to cleanse their presence entirely and that the funeral of Harad Granthum can then continue. The village is about seventeen miles from here. It would probably be best if you left in the morning."

Remove ads