• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yer candidate for the monster on 5th MM1

foolish_mortals

First Post
I'd probably do 2. A drow witch wrestling with a mindflayer that has some of it's tentacles on her head. Maybe a dead party on the ground in front of them. That'd get things started right.

foolish_mortals

Halivar

First Post
A beholder and a mindflayer. Remember that the goal is the steal back some Pathfinder players. You've got to remind them of what they're missing. ;)

foolish_mortals

First Post
I can't believe you said that! This is supposed to be the game that unites them all. People who play 4E should be able to use their characters right next to Pathfinder characters. It's going to revolutionize the gaming community.

foolish_mortals

Ichneumon

First Post
Shriekers.

Done with lines emanating from them, implying they've been 'activated', along with a couple of terrified looking adventurers, and an ominously draconic silhouette approaching from the corridor ahead.

Croesus

Adventurer
Red Dragon. Can't get any more classic than that.

Sounds good to me.

My one wish is that they make sure the picture portrays action, not just an image of the dragon. As was mentioned in a different thread, much of the early art was evocative because it showed scenes that spurred the imagination.

Pour

First Post
Yuan-Ti, I think. Some sort of Zehir-like temple analog of the original ruby-eyed temple scene... except the adventurer's are dead, dying, or defeated and being sacrificed to a giant snake in the middle of the picture or something.

Remove ads