• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yer candidate for the monster on 5th MM1

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I want to see all the demon lords and devil princes that were in the 1st edition Monster Manual done up in whatever core Monster Manual book we see. WoTC is far too slow in getting these game stats out, often parcelling the mout, one at a time in the core MM books like they were gold or something. I was very greatful to Necromancer Games when they did the Tome of Horrors and said have at it.

This is not to say that eventually WoTC doesn't get around to release stuff, as they did in 3rd ed, over the course of many books, but damn, if Gary could get most of it out in one, so can WoTC.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Plissken's post captures my thought about most art....it should be about the action, not about poses. This is a game of action (of some kind, combat or other).

I want more art to be this way, not less.

Btw, EVERY monster should have a picture in the monster book. Otherwise, how do new players and DMs have any idea what they look like. You don't need a picture of every type of orc, but you need at least one.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Plissken's post captures my thought about most art....it should be about the action, not about poses. This is a game of action (of some kind, combat or other).

I want more art to be this way, not less.

Btw, EVERY monster should have a picture in the monster book. Otherwise, how do new players and DMs have any idea what they look like. You don't need a picture of every type of orc, but you need at least one.

I'd also like every monster to have a description with it. One that doesn't talk about how fierce it is or how savage, but you know, descriptive in terms of edged teeth, backwards legs, fangs, beak, cannine, etc...

MarkChevallier

First Post
A "council of evil", gathered around a scrying pool, watching hapless adventurers about to be slain, and eyeing each other suspiciously.

Dragon, mindflayer, beholder and lich.

Sure, they probably wouldn't work together normally. Think of the backstory!

Jawsh

First Post
How about this: a gelatinous cube that takes up the entire cover, and it's a transparent cover, so you can see the endpages with other monsters and bits of armor, bones, and treasure inside.

Aloïsius

First Post
I want the cover to be beautiful. So, no beholder (or the like) for you. Dragons seems a natural choice of course, but, for action, I would like to have some aerial fighting. Let say a red dragon vs a gold one, or maybe vs air-mounted PC (pegasus or griffon riders are nice). Don't forget a nice background image (a city engulfed in flame for example, maybe with an orc assaulting its walls. Add the mandatory lich/nazgul on a nightmare somewhere).

Remove ads