• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yer candidate for the monster on 5th MM1

Aldarc

Legend
I'd like to see on the cover a player party helplessly surrounded by an insurmountable host of various monsters from the rogue's gallery.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Something original... like vampires and werewolves ;)

How about with 5e, Monster Manuals are organized by challenge level. MM1 would cover an assortment of level 1-5 beasties... so the cover should be kobolds, skeletons, and the like.

foolish_mortals

First Post
Yuan-Ti, I think. Some sort of Zehir-like temple analog of the original ruby-eyed temple scene... except the adventurer's are dead, dying, or defeated and being sacrificed to a giant snake in the middle of the picture or something.

you have the right idea. We all know the MM is the monsters book. Their bid to take over the world. Why should they show players defeating them? That belongs in the players handbook. Death to the weak PCs!

foolish_mortals

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
A homage to the full page illo opposite the Lizard King entry in the 1E Fiend Folio
Or artwork depicting a dungeon run through Tucker's kobolds from the old Dragon editorial issue 127 I think.
But please put some interesting location around the monsters.

Stormonu

Legend
A beholder surrounded by a "garden" of petrified other monsters, with a contemptible sneer on his face reeking of "Come get some."

Remove ads