Yet another Ghostbusters movie

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
though a passing the torch sequence (maybe even one that honours Egons death) could work
When the actor who played Q in the 007 movies passed away, I thought it would have been appropriate for Bond to attend his funeral, watch as the casket passed through the chapel and was placed in the hearse, and tell a family member, "I met your uncle at work. He helped me out when I was dealing with difficult clients." -cut to several scenes from older Bond movies "Now try not to break this, 007"-

If the original never existed it wouldn't have been hated as much.

The trailer also didn't help. It quickly became one of the most downvoted YouTube trailers of all time.

As for the new sequel I'm a bit concerned that once again a bad director has been hired for the willingness to go alone with the flow.

A bad director? Wasn't Juno a good movie?

I don't know if he'd be my first pick to direct a comedy though, but he's no Paul Feig.

As I posted on the Nerdist video comments there will be no new Ghostbusters movie, as long as Harlold Ramis remains dead.

Ramis did lend his voice to the videogame, so to me that is the third movie... ar as close to it as we're ever going to get.

But just like with the recent reboot, I'll reserve judgement till there's actually something to judge. Once they release a trailer (and not just a teaser), I may know if this is a movie I want to see, or not.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It takes a certain level of incompentance to turn your fans toxic. I mean why would you do that?

That's a load of BS. The asshats who were hostile to making a Ghostbusters reboot with women didn't need any prompting to turn into toxic manbabies.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
That's a load of BS. The asshats who were hostile to making a Ghostbusters reboot with women didn't need any prompting to turn into toxic manbabies.

Sure these "asshats" as you call them are the same people that should be queing up outside your movie on opening night wearing their Ghostbuster costumes.

I mean I still dont know how you go about screwing that up? The worst ranked trailer in history, thats just terrible.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Sure these "asshats" as you call them are the same people that should be queing up outside your movie on opening night wearing their Ghostbuster costumes.

I mean I still dont know how you go about screwing that up? The worst ranked trailer in history, thats just terrible.

And they might have queued up, but apparently having a reboot with all the principal character played by women was a deal breaker for some, so they ginned up a backlash that most people seemed to have noticed... present company excepted for some reason.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
In other news, that hopefully won't lead to a mod swinging mod text :

Leslie Jones Calls ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequel ‘Insulting’

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/leslie-jones-calls-ghostbusters-reboot-032340755.html

She might not realise that it isn't a male driven cast and is instead a teenager driven cast with male and female cast members. As is, movies seem to get reboots all the time. We've had plenty of spider-man movies that ignore the previous set of movies, a couple of hulk movies that don't seem to be part of the main MCU (or maybe the edward norton one is but he was just replaced because he didn't come back?). Death at a Funeral has had two versions; the last transformers movie, Bumblebee, ignores the Michael Bay movies; Batman has had a few movie series now. It happens, movies get rebooted and previous versions get ignored.

Remove ads