You Know Your Game Is Twisted When...

Fenes

First Post
I don't know if it qualifies as twisted, but my long-running campaign saw the party go from the average travelling adventuring party out to right wrongs and make some gold in the northern regions of the Forgotten Realms (back in 2E) to a high-ranking member of a church in Mulhorand's occupied territories in Unther and her friends, hired guards and slaves, striking at evil red wizards, enemies of the church and state and internal rivals alike, and living in luxury surrounded by slaves, some of them captured during their adventures. They did not change characters, but their characters changed.

Goblyns Hoard

First Post
... when the party are hanging around in the back of the crematorium where they bribed the resident necrophiliac to let them have the body of the baby about to come through so they can fake the death of another baby in order to enable the single mother to get away from the evil bar-steward that thinks her child is his son...

Nellisir

Hero
Darkness said:
In one of his games, the PC party is a small religious order. Their nominal leader is a mad oracle (cleric with Madness Domain) who's very important in their church. His prophecies are always right - or so the party claims.

One day, before a large battle, he prophesized that another PC in the party, a fighter, would die in battle that day. After she survived, the other PCs killed her - 'cause the oracle is always right. :) They then raised her again.

That's just cool.

:D
Nell.

Nosfredatu

First Post
If ducks had belts... that would be under...

In Silverymoon (FR), the characters where investigating a crime gang leader, some bard that looked like a pirate. They found his appartment and, when the guy was away doing bad deeds, they unlocked the door and got in. That's when a magical parrot turned a gnome, cleric of Sharess, into a duck... The other characters, after deciding not to eat him (a character had a Ring of Cooking, so the duck would have been quite tasteful...), brought the duck to the Church of Sharess, goddess of hedonism, lust and sensual fulfilment. They asked the church to turn back the duck into a gnome, but they also asked that they provided to his ducky pleasures.

A few sessions later in the campaign, the gnome was met by a cleric of Sharess who secretly gave him an egg... The gnome kept it hidden until the egg bursted open to reveal his purple duckling. Who was later killed in combat...

I remember someone telling a story about having their characters in a Shadowrun game write their names on the moon with a giant laser cannon or something like that. Don't remember where I heard that one, though. Probably on rpg.net.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Joshua Dyal said:
I remember someone telling a story about having their characters in a Shadowrun game write their names on the moon with a giant laser cannon or something like that. Don't remember where I heard that one, though. Probably on rpg.net.

Was the character's name Chairface Chippendale? Sorry, obscure "Tick" reference...

Spoon!

Aaron L

Hero
I had a party get stuck in a 3 way fight between githyanki, illithid, and mi-go, on catwalk encircling a black hole, once. Does that qualify?

Voadam

Legend
Joshua Dyal said:
Sorry, not a Tick fan. I have no idea what you're talking about.

In one episode of the tick the heros work to spoil the egomaniac chairface's plot to write his name on the surface of the moon with a giant laser.

They succeed. Mostly. He gets a few letters carved before they stop him.

Following episodes you could see the letters carved in the moon as a background detail.

Remove ads