You Know Your Game Is Twisted When...

BlackMoria

First Post
I had a DM once who allowed Command to be used with any one word (2E campaign about 15 yrs ago).

I had the DM and the players rolling on the floor in laughter when I 'commanded' a hill giant to 'masturbate' and the hill giant blew the save.

Command:Masturbate became a signature spell for my character after that. :lol:

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I wasn't TRYING to create a thread that was doomed to get shut down pretty quickly, but looking back it seems so obvious...

BlackMoria

First Post
Some more twistedness...

"You know your game is twisted when..."

the other party members are - a six armed anti-paladin, a half troll barbarian, a half-phoenix half drow necromancer, a half ettin magic user and a half-demon cleric. And all of them had one level of 'cannibal' so they never had to buy supplies. This was a 2E game before 3E gave us templates and Savage Species and everything else to 'make your own abomination"

I was new in town after a move and this was the first group I hooked up with. My gut reaction was to give it a pass on this one and move on.

I should have listened to my gut. Three sessions was all I could take before I quit. It was like my character was playing straight man (my character was a human) to a group of psychotic, mentally deficient, egomanical morons.

Berandor

lunatic
Some twisted stories:

I was playing a paladin, another player a cleric of a "catholic church"-wannabe religion. Said player kisses a holy relic that makes him immune to divination spells. Which is fine with my paladin.
So the paladin is contacted by a secret group of do-gooders that want to meet him. Before he can tell the party, however, the following happens:
Looking for a suitable place for a monastery, the cleric and his sidekick (another PC) enter a farmhouse. The farmer, father of two and husband of one, doesn't want to sell. So the cleric decides the farmer is possessed by an evil spirit. The improvised exorcism fails, and the man is put to death, as well as his wife. The two daughters are pulled out back by the cleric's guards, who only admonishes to "kill them afterwards" - while I and my squire (player 4) look on in disbelief.
The cleric returns to the paladin and naturally registers not as evil (the holy relic). In all the shock we forget to tell them about the secret meeting, which we later find out was a trap - a demon would have been called to kill us.
To top things off, the fifth player approaches my paladin and throws himself at his mercy, admitting that he is a crown-employed assassin.
Great times.

In another campaign, we had a cleric of the neutral good sun god who was secretly praying to the cleric of murder and madness. We kind of got a hint when he animated a dead rat and had it eat its way through a prisoner's stomach.

Or when we were imprisoned in the Evil Realm(tm) and sentenced to gladiatorial combat, and we face a huge minotaur who professes to be our shape-changed mentor, and my paladin now has to kill him in single combat to free the group.

Or when we are in lethal danger and a well-known archmage comes to safe us. We meet him again during a royal ball while our group has no money and is in foreign lands. So my paladin approaches and humbly requests another boon from him, to which the archmage replies in all seriousness: "Who are you? I never even heard of you."

ETA: one more! We had traveled to the underdark (including being held prisoner, naturally) and finally made our way to a secret cavern where a gatestone or some other important MacGuffin was located. We killed the dragon guard and then had to leave quickly before the alerted drow city would come down upon us. So my paladin grabs the artifact, and we run. We come out in Shadowdale, exhausted, but alive. So the DM hands me a note: "You've got the artifact. It feels slightly cool to the touch, and hums with untouched power. It feels good. Oh, and you're Neutral Evil."

Or... you get the drift.

BTW, all the paladins in these stories were actually just one, the great (and late) Berandor Marikulis ;)

Last edited:

eris404

Explorer
barsoomcore said:
See? I don't even know what that means and I'm scared. I'm just thinking of Vadania and it's a bad place to be...

LOL!

errrrr....it was mentioned in another thread some time back and I just didn't want to be repetitive. :)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Henry said:
Let's try to keep it above the belt, if we can. :)
I'm not sure that'll be enough.

"Milking the druid" is still really, really bothering me. And technically that would be above the belt. So we may need better standards....

:D

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
IIRC (and it's been a while so I may be wrong) the Druid Milking experience was wierd, strange, unusual, odd and from left field. It wasn't excessively inappropriate, unless I'm remembering it completely wrong or this was a seperate event.

The party wanted milk for some reason (don't recall if it was them being hungry or just wanting something for their cereal.)

The party looks at the druid and decides, "Hey, cows are animals, right? You can change into an animal, right?"

And now, I'm sure you can see where it went. All the party interaction that went on. I'm sure that the night was similar to the milk tasting event from Friends.

Remove ads